Brewer Fanatic

Bush Optioned to clear spot for Cameron

TSack27

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken it is revocable so they do this, see if anyone claims him. If someone does claim him they have a few more days to yank him back off waivers and decide what to do.

I don't see how hard it is to just DFA Turnbow.

Ned was just talking about this during his post game interview. My interpretation was for Ned to talk about it the way he just did, this decision was made before today's game. And at that point Turnbow & McClung were both coming off successful outing... so today's disappointments weren't included in that decision.

Ned was just talking about this during his post game interview. My interpretation was for Ned to talk about it the way he just did, this decision was made before today's game. And at the point Turnbow & McClung were both coming off successful outing... so today's disappointments were included in the decision.

My god, If they based this off Turnbow's one good outing this year, and McClung's two good outings, I'll be extremely frustrated.

If I'm not mistaken it is revocable so they do this, see if anyone claims him. If someone does claim him they have a few more days to yank him back off waivers and decide what to do.

I don't see how hard it is to just DFA Turnbow.

I thought he was just going straight down. That he didn't have to clear waivers.

Well if he does have to clear waivers, that is obviously not going to happen. I have a hard time believing they'd watch him walk away via that route. Does this possibly buy them a few days before actually having to decide to pull him back of not? Could this be a way to make sure Sheets is alright? Could they be buyinga couple more says until they can recall Dillon?

If he can just go straight to AAA, I guess this makes some sense so he can keep making regular starts - at least until the are sure about Sheets. If he is exposed though, this is a bit of a head scratcher. Truly a somewhat strange year where Doug Melvin is concerned.

This is a major surprise to me. Bush could help the bullpen more than some of the people who are staying. I usually side with Doug but I really think this is a bad move

With Sheets recent propensity for random injuries, I'd also rather have Bush have available to give 4-5 innings out of the bullpen.

(And he's a better option with the bat, given all the extra innings and short bench http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

Wow. How could Dave Bush not get claimed.

Since it's revocable waivers, the Brewers could have just pulled him back and dispatched someone else instead (like McClung, Turnbow I'm looking at you). Heck... you could argue not claiming him hurts the Brewers more than it would help.

Well if he does have to clear waivers, that is obviously not going to happen. I have a hard time believing they'd watch him walk away via that route.

He already cleared waivers. It did happen. And they wouldn't let him walk away. If he would have been claimed, they would have pulled him off waivers. Hence the term, revocable.

Ok well then it makes sense. If he has already cleared waivers then they can keep him on a regular throwing schedule so when someone gets hurt he doesn't need to be stretched out from bullpen work.

They are revocable waivers, like those used after the trading deadline. If someone claimed Bush. the Brewers could have just pulled him back.

My question, isn't there some sort of limit upon how many times you can put player on revocable waivers in a season?

Wow. How could Dave Bush not get claimed.

I am surprised. Perhaps teams just knew full well that they'd pull him back so simply didn't bother. Anyway, taht being the case, I guess thsi move makes sense. Keep him starting so he is ready and waiting when needed. Dillon is able to come back on Wednesday I believe, so I would guess Turnbow may be able to share his talents elseweher at that time.

OK, timeline:

-Brewers need to clear a roster spot for a starting pitcher

-Brewers decide worst starting pitcher is Bush

-Bush is placed on revocable waivers (due to his 3 years of service time, he must be placed on revocable waivers before being optioned)

-Other teams look at Bush, and decide a)"if we claim him, the Brewers will pull him back off waivers" and b)"if the Brewers pull him off waivers, they might actually get rid of Turnbow or McClung"

-Other teams do not claim Bush

-Bush clears waivers

-Bush is optioned

How does Turnbow continue to have a job?

Give it a couple days. One really doesn't have much to do with the other. Bush is a SP and will remain a SP. Dillon should be back this week, but I would guess he will not be reunited with Mr. Turnbow.

Archived