Brewer Fanatic

5/01/07 Non-Brewer IGT

Pittsburg up on the Cubs early 5-2.

Even though Pittsburg is in 2nd place in the division, I still can't root for the Cubs.

David Wright has also hit his first HR of the season tonight. NY fans were really getting on him lately

Well, the no-hitter is through 7, but Hughes left after 6.1 IP with a leg injury. The Texas fans were booing because he didn't get a chance at the no-no...I thought that was funny.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

No, the Cubs game would not be official, because the Pirates were up to bat in the 7th. The 7th would have had to been completed for the game to be official, otherwise the Cubs got one more at bat.

No, the Cubs game would not be official, because the Pirates were up to bat in the 7th. The 7th would have had to been completed for the game to be official, otherwise the Cubs got one more at bat.

Wouldn't it go back to the last completed inning? In which case, the Pirates would win, even though the cubs were leading. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It looks like last year, the Pirates would have won the game, based on being ahead at the end of the last complete inning. However, the rules were changed (same as Brewers/Marlins game) in the offseason. Play will resume today at the point they left off last night.

If the 7th inning had just ended, the game would be over, as long as the game wasn't tied.

watched the 9th inning of the cubs/pirates game over my lunchbreak.

Dempster threw about a hundred pitches to close it out. I bet they don't use him in the 2nd game.

Although it's his second season at the desk, seeing Dan Plesac on the post game show in chicago is still wierd to me.

Informal poll: Dan Plesac > Davey Nelson?

This year's rule change virtually eliminates ties. The Brewers-Marlins game a couple weeks ago was the first one to be affected by it.

Games where the home team loses a lead in the top of an inning have been 'suspendable' for a long time.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived