Brewer Fanatic

Achilles tendinopathy (tendinitis) Questions.

brewerjamie15

Have you ever damaged your Achilles Tendon? If so, how long did it take to heal and how did you nurse it back into shape? Did it progress at any point? Did the pain worsen at times and become more tolerable at times? Other information would be helpful.

Thanks.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I have a recurring issue with my right Achilles. It usually flares up mid summer after playing lots of baseball/softball. I am no doctor, but the only real "cure" seems to be rest. I try and ice frequently in the summer, especially after games. The pain comes and goes and varies in intensity. You always here about athletes having a tendinitis flare up, I know exactly what that means now.

i don't exactly know how much help this could be, but i got tendinitis a couple of times in the front of my ankle when i was hiking, though i'd imagine the achilles would be a more serious issue.

i tried just taking it easy for a week and it didn't go away, but then i switched to sandals and it helped immensely. i think it was mostly that the tendons weren't constrained by the shoes/laces and then had a chance to heal.

Archived