Brewer Fanatic

4/26/08 Marlins (Hendrickson) at Brewers (Villanueva): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Corey didn't really slide much along the turf, did he? he dove and then kind of stuck there. Nice catch, though. Lucky he didn't roll his wrist or something.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Is this Hendrickson the same guy with the tattoo sleeves on both arms? I think he played for the Marlins and someone complained so now he always has to wear long sleeved shirts.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Corey didn't really slide much along the turf, did he? he dove and then kind of stuck there. Nice catch, though. Lucky he didn't roll his wrist or something.

This morning, I asked Corey to stay healthy, so I can only assume that he will do so. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

is everybody at the game? pretty quiet in here today. thru one inning and we're only at post #20 of the IGT?

I think everyone is still down from the past couple of games. With the way the Marlins are playing defense tonight looks to be much better.

Nice job on the squeeze CV!!!!!

wow, a squeeze with Prince on third. Who'd a thunk that one?

You may not agree with the call (I'm still on the fence) but a run is a run.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I've got in on 659 too. Weird that it's not just on the FSN-WI 642 channel.

Thank you - I had given up on 642 and went to dig out the portable radio (forgot how much delay was on satellite until I turned the radio off)

I was watching the game on FSN, but it just went to comercial in the middle of a pitch.

So, it's back to working like normal... for this year http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

what is up with Hart on that play? bad jump? lost the ball? assumed Rickie would go out for it? Ramirez got all the way to third and 1/3 of the way toward home? just not a good looking defensive play on a bloop single.

It's almost if he's playing on a soggy, wet field with 3 inch deep puddles and he's trying not to get his uniform dirty. (as opposed to his diving catch earlier in the game)

- - - - - - - - -

I don't think Hart could've caught that one anyway, but it sure didn't look like he was running all that hard in an attempt either.

I didn't mean that he had any chance of catching it, but he damn near allowed Ramirez to score a la the shallow fly to him in right earlier this year when he was dogging it

Great escape by Villy that inning.

Cubs up 5-0 early against the Nationals. They are doing what you are supposed to do when you face a bad pitcher, knock him around. I think we should adopt that philosophy over our "Cy Figuroa" style.

Gorman--I didn't actually see your post before I typed mine and I totally agree with you. The non-hussle is the kind of thing that I would like Yost to get on players about sometimes. I usually think of Hart as a hard nosed player, but he has really seemed to not go 100% in the outfield this year.

Why does it seem like Hart is lollygaging on some balls this year?

Been wondering the same thing. Something seems 'off' this year.

I vaguely remember a story on his recent family additions... several young kids, minivan, etc - maybe playing Mr. Mom during the day has him dragging at his night job?

Gorman--I didn't actually see your post before I typed mine and I totally agree with you. The non-hussle is the kind of thing that I would like Yost to get on players about sometimes. I usually think of Hart as a hard nosed player, but he has really seemed to not go 100% in the outfield this year.

Couldn't agree more - and it really surprises me. He looks very casual out there

Archived