Brewer Fanatic

5/2/07 Cardinals (Reyes) @ Brewers (Capuano): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the BP is fine after the last 2 nights. Turnbow and Cordero could actually USE some work right now, haven't seen any in a few days. If we let Villy work 6, that's pretty much a full start and we don't have him available for at least several days. So Villy did his job, and everything worked out just fine.

Billy wasn't ready to see that doubles streak come to an end! Scuffling or not, he's NOT having a bad day...1 for 3 with a walk.

TC:

I just don't like this. If Wise gets pulled for the ninth, that means that tomorrow, the Brewers have only Spurling, Dessens, Shouse, and one of Turnbow/Codero rested. Villy's out for at least the next day or two. Wise is out for tomorrow, and we'd have to decide whether or not the other of Turnbow/Cordero should go on back-to-back days.

I'm just a little nervous about that. It's not panicking, I'm just a little worried.

Bill Hall read some of the things people were saying about him and TGJ in this thread between innings and decided to do something about it. (I don't know how to make this blue).
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Theoretically, if I was manager, I might have gone to one of the closers for the 8th inning. The toughest outs in the Cardinal lineup are Duncan, Pujols, and Rolen.

If you sit those three guys down in the eighth, you could bring Dessens in for the ninth without any worries (sarcasm alert).

It seems like something Felipe Alou might have done when he was managing the Expos and he had Mel Rojas and John Wetteland in his bullpen.

Clancy I hear what you're saying but if they hold on here, they will have used the pen in three wins. You have to use the pen for wins when wins are there for the taking. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Plus they really aren't in that bad of shape. Turnbow/Cordero can pitch two days in a row if need be, and one should be fully rested. Also Bush has the capability to go the distance, so hopefully Good Dave Bush shows up tomorrow.

Edit: I see Wise is in, so both Turnbow and Cordero are good to go tomorrow. No issues.

But Turnbow and Cordero are both very well rested right now. It's not like both can't work tommorow if one pitches today. Two days in a row is not a big deal, even three isn't unheard of. The only guy in the pen who will probably be unavailable tommorow, barring an emergency, is Villanueva.

Quote:
I'm not a constant complainer. Some of you guys on here are funny. If someone says something remotely negative on here you jump on him like he's the devil! Take your Brewers goggles off once in awhile, put down your Brewers kool-aid, and take off your homer hat! Analyze players for what they do on the field every so often and not how they sit in your hearts.

Because brewerfan.net needs another martyr?

It has nothing to do with being negative. People are negative all over the place. It's that you basically write whatever pops into your head, never bothering to worry about whether what you say is even true. But yeh, fight the fight.

Archived