Brewer Fanatic

5/2/07 Cardinals (Reyes) @ Brewers (Capuano): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The HR contestant picked Craig Counsell? Might as well have picked Cappy.

After Brian Shouse was included in the Walk-Off Wednesdays promotion (you buy his jersey tee, and if he hits a walkoff homer, you win a signed bat), I am strongly considering sending in a postcard to the home run inning with Brian Shouse as my pick.

I'm sure Uecker would say something funny about it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Funkyplaidcoat -

I would like to keep him in but I think we pull him and try not to over work him. Big ups to him for the huge effort today. I don't think that the bullpen is being over worked. Lots of rest the last few days.

Sounds like WIse is in. I like that move.

Quote:
I'm not a constant complainer. Some of you guys on here are funny. If someone says something remotely negative on here you jump on him like he's the devil! Take your Brewers goggles off once in awhile, put down your Brewers kool-aid, and take off your homer hat! Analyze players for what they do on the field every so often and not how they sit in your hearts.

Wow, the condensation trifecta! Congratulations!

After looking at NFL draft message boards all weekend, I'm officially sick of any type of "goggles," I'm ready to poison the "kool-aid," and I'm going to burn my "homer hat." All three of those phrases have become completely useless, overused cliches, especially on sports message boards.

Of course, considering the source, I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

Community Moderator
clancy, there's NO way Villy pitches 6 innings. That's not what he's there for, although it's incredibly useful that he can give you 3 or 4 with no problem. I don't see why you're panicking about the bp situation.

Sheets only went six last night. Spurling went 2, and Shouse 1.

Capuano went only 3. Villanueva went 4, and now Wise will go 1, and then Turnbow or Cordero takes the 9th.

That would mean we either pitch one of Turnbow or Cordero on back-to-back nights. Wise can't go back-to-back nights, nor can he go two innings.

I'm not sure who they'd have available if Bush gets rocked tomorrow. Vargas also doesn't usually go more than six innings, either.

Anyone concerned about the approach at the plate today? It sounded like the Crew was swinging early in counts, and swinging for the fences. Do you think it was gameplan to swing early in counts because Reyes throws strikes, or do you think the Brewers are getting full of themselves?

Community Moderator

I'm not sure who they'd have available if Bush gets rocked tomorrow. Vargas also doesn't usually go more than six innings, either.

Clancy, I think it's realistic to say that any team is screwed if their bullpen is force to pitch 6 innings 2 games in a row. That's not realistic.

Hey, Billy keeps the double streak alive!

Trust me, I sit at home and complain about approach all the time. If a guy swings at the first pitch I invariably swear about it. But taking the long view it's working this year. I do wonder where the brewers rank in terms of runners left on base. It feels like some of the wins could have been by more runs, but a win is a win.

Hall hustles at all times, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt.

You may run like Mays...

Archived