Brewer Fanatic

5/2/07 Cardinals (Reyes) @ Brewers (Capuano): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O boy here they come. People now asking for Gwynn to play more in CF. Man, fans are crazy. I guess Billy is going to get the Jenkins and Mench treatment. He just had a couple hits last night. Wake up. He's struggling and will get over it. At least we're winning.

Between today's game, and the variety of gaffes we've seen during the series....I'm not so sure the Cardinals can turn things around.

It might be a carry-over from the Hancock aftermath (particularly with Spezio), but I don't honestly remember a Cardinals team in recent years that has been so bad with the fundamentals. When Kevin Mench steals a base...and comes around to score during the same at-bat, something's just not clicking.

What makes it really hard for me to understand is the number of veterans making uncharacteristic errors: Spezio, Kennedy, etc.

I too would like to see TGJ get some more starts. Not cuz of Hall (I love him out there) but I'm curious to see if he could be the lead off/CF combo we've been lacking for awhile. Just don't know where that puts Hall. Of course this won't probably happen this year.

Great start so far. Let's keep it going!

I am baffled at Hall's approach lately at the plate. I always go to battle for guys like Estrada who put the ball and not K a lot because it really is an indicator of how one is seeing the ball up there. If Billy Hall was like Estrada, taking the ball the other way and getting good wood on the bat and still making outs, I could live with that. But the fact he is swinging through fastballs and looking sick up there is not sitting well with me.

Billy's overall OBP is close to where it's been the past two years. It's his SLG that's off so far.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Well buck, lucky for us brewer fans, it doesn't matter how it sits with you. All players struggle and we would not have corner outfielder hitting over 300 if we listened to constant complainers on this board. Some just always need to complain about something. We are winning and yet we find a player to complain about. It baffles me that some believe in order to play you need to hit every game. Its just not going to happen, When Hall gets hot, someone else will be to blame.

An OPS that's 100 or so points off over 27 games isn't a lot to get bent about.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived