Brewer Fanatic

Where to sit in Miller Park?

As the resident bleacher season ticket holder, let me tackle some of these questions.

Since the Brewers have become the "hip" thing, the quality of the people coming to the game has dropped off. The bleachers used (think 2003) to be a place for cheap people to catch a game. Now it's a place for college kids to come and drink, act reckless, and pick fights. It doesn't matter if it's the bottom of the sixth in a tie game with runners on, if their beer empties then need to get more right now. Pick a Sunday to come to the bleachers. Most of the college kids spent Friday and Satruday drinking at the park and are now too hung over to come. And Sundays are generally kids days, where there are a larger percentage of grade school/middle school kids who come. They are annoying in their own right, but won't throw beer at you, fight with you, or yell obsenities.

If you can swing it, you should come sit in the bleachers for the Monday game. Weekday game days are non workers day. Everyone is either a part of a school group or is in retirement. It becomes a very calm stadium, but might be overly boring. The fans don't understand the game or don't have the energy to cheer. Last Thursday there were 20k at the stadium but the noice and cheering would have led you to believe there were only 5k. I can go because I've saved up so much vacation time (I ended up not spending any last October http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif )

I don't believe the Club level seats come with the Metavante club pass. I've gotten free club level seats (I would never pay that much money to sit that high, no matter how much wood panneling is around me) and I don't remember ever having Metavante (.300) club seats.

The Loge level has bar stools and tables set up right next to the foul pole. Those are very nice seats, but you need to procur them well before the game starts. If you don't mind standing, you can stand out near the scoreboard and bullpens. Those are also popular spots. Honestly, there are few spots in the loge or field level that aren't good spots to watch a couple of plays from.

I agree with one of the above posts, if you get field level bleachers be sure they are in the first two rows. Around the thrid row you loose the ability to see the scoreboard. RF loge bleachers are like the LF loge bleachers, but with no sun in your eyes.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Thanks for everyone's input. I think we'll probably do the club one night and then loge, field level, or bleachers the other 2.

Few more questions:

1. Will the bleachers be less obnoxious on a Sunday afternoon than on a Fri or Sat night?

2. If you buy club level seats, does that include a Metavante pass? If not, are those worth $5 a piece on ebay?

3. We definitely would like to spend a few innings one night sitting in barstools on a patio watching the game. We plan on getting there early most games. Where are the best spots for that? I know the Metavante club has a patio - are there other places with good vantage points?

Thanks again.

I would say that in general the bleachers are tamer on Sunday's, but there is considerable variation depending on where exactly you sit.

Example: Last year for the KC series we were in RF bleachers on Saturday Night and LF Sunday Afternoon. On Saturday the fans were pretty knowledgable and into the game, despite the imbibing. Sunday, however, we baked in the sun for 4 hours and ended up watching Spurling (or was it Crapellan...) walk in the winning run with the bases loaded in extras. Needlelss to say the fans were unhappy and a few fights almost broke out over defensive positioning, Ned's resemblance to a certain farm animal, etc. Not fun. Anyway, I guess Im just trying to explain that the difference between day / night, terrace / field is noticable, but not enormous.

When I go I usually spend a little more and get Club level seats. I usually have my son with me and prefer not to have him listen to drunken idiots. I usually try to get seats in the first row no matter where I sit. Row is much more important than section unless you are in the bleachers, shich I avoid completley. The bleachers are hard to sit in even with the back on them.

I think the Badger Mutual family days are just on Sundays. They are terrace reserved only if I am not mistaken and come with a free soda and hot dog with each ticket. They have to be bought in groups or at least 4 tickets. I think you can get them online, but I am not sure. I might be thinking of a different promotion.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

It doesn't matter if it's the bottom of the sixth in a tie game with runners on, if their beer empties then need to get more right now.
Exactly. That was the situation last Monday when I was in the left field bleachers. 2-2 tie and the Brewers were up and I think it actually was the bottom of the 6th with a runner on. And some dingbat stumbles over with his eyes 3/4 shut and he's all "ALRIGHT WE'RE GONNA START THE WAVE! WOOOO! ONE....TWO....."

And I'm thinking no, no we're not gonna start the wave. Sit down and shut up already.

To me if you can get right or left field 106-108 right up against the wall its a great place... You can see everything and no blind corners.

I think we can all agree.. for the most part, no matter where you sit in MP there are some obstructed sightlines wether it be in the corners or right below you.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Looks like no one answered your question about 5 bucks.

The 300 club (metavante sorry) is neat, I wouldn't pay much for it, but you can usually get them on ebay on the cheap. Usually when I have work tickets I go up to the outside bar, have a few mixed drinks to get the charging juices flowing and head down with a fresh thing of freshly roasted peanuts.

Archived