Brewer Fanatic

Where to sit in Miller Park?

Hey guys,

A buddy and I are coming up to Milwaukee in August for a baseball weekend. We will be there for the Nationals series. It appears that there are still tickets left in pretty much every price level.

We'd like to sit in a different area each night. So I guess the question is what are your 3 favorite places to sit? Or, what are the three areas you would recommend for a first-timer to sit?

How are the club seats? I was thinking one night we might go up and sit at the patio bar for the start of the game - is that cool?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

Cheers,

SC

Don't be afraid to save some money and go with the bleachers for one of the games. Left field bleachers are very good seats as far as I'm concerned. You lose a good look at the scoreboard, but you feel closer to the action than you'd expect. The bleachers don't have individual seats, but they do have backs on them -- comfortable enough. Bleachers are usually not the classless drunkfest you hear about at places like Wrigley.

The 300-level is a nice change of pace. It's purposely "classier", with a concourse that's more like an airport or hotel than a stadium. Miller Park staff comes to your seats to wait on you, take your order, bring you your food, etc.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I would say that you'll be happy with most seats. The ones that I would avoid would be terrace level near the foul poles because in some seats you won't be able to see outfield plays that are near you.

One fun experience is going to TGIFridays before the game starts. A couple of times I have gone right around 5 PM and we have been able to get seats right by the window and have dinner and watch BP. You still need a ticket to get in, it's just a different experience. It sits over left field, in case you didn't know.

The only place that I would suggest against is the lowest level in RF, unless you can get in the first few rows. My girlfriend and I sat there last year and we ended up getting up and walking around because the seats were so bad. I pretty much don't like any seats where there isn't an open sky because it basically feels like watching on TV and fly balls disappear.

Just sat in the club level recently and I enjoyed it. Normally I sit along the 3rd base side and I like that spot, sun-baked or not http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

If I'm not mistaken, you can also go inside the Club Level too and bask in the air conditioning if it gets too hot outside (my mom liked this about the 300 level).

Another thing that I'll throw out there is what me and a few friends do every once in a while. Get the cheapest ticket available and just walk around the park for most of the game. I find Miller Park to be pretty good as far as sight lines from the concourse areas. They have little tables and stools all over the place on the first and second level concourses as well as behind some of the bleachers. I will warn you though that a lot of the time these tables and stools are occupied by other fans, but if you get there a little early and walk around, you should be able to find something. Once you get tired of that, just move to a different area and lean against a rail and watch the game. Not for everybody, but just a suggestion if you want to try and take in the whole ballpark during a game.

Thanks for all the insight - I'm thinking:

Fri night - field level

Sat night - club level

Sun day - LF bleachers

Any other thoughts?

this is exactly what i would suggest. you get 3 different vantage points...all 3 being pretty good.

I always sit in the first or second level, usually the first. I don't care for the club seats. I think they are way overpriced. Too far up, they are just like the old upper grandstand seats of County Stadium but with a much heftier price. I don't need waitress service. Bleachers are always fun and a good bang for your buck. But sit field level at least once if you can.

I'm not a big club section guy... but it might be worth checking out if you just want to see the concourse area.

Loge Infield (second level) on first base side is pretty nice. I think it is the best of both worlds. Close to the action, decent price. You can see everything at home plate but get a good angle on everything in the field.

I'm with Decktard on this. I find loge the best, the Club level can feel a bit "stuffy" at times, it does have way better bathrooms though, and is A/C'd during the summer months. But I got yelled at once up there for standing up in the 9th with 2 outs up a run when our closer was closing to sit down. That turned me off.

But I got yelled at once up there for standing up in the 9th with 2 outs up a run when our closer was closing to sit down. That turned me off.

You are right about the Club level. I don't know what it is, but I think a lot of people that sit in the Club receive their tickets from work, family, etc. There's definitely not as much excitement up there, and ushers do not like fans standing up. I try to avoid the Club.

As for the Terrace, sit on the left field side. The sightlines are MUCH better than right field.

I hate the LF bleachers. I've sat there twice this season and got up and moved both times. This past Friday it was so loud and rowdy that I honestly had a hard time concentrating on the game. The people behind us were loud and drunk, the 40 somethings next to us were more interested in talking very loudly to each other about the game and the teenagers in front of us were throwing things at each other. I literally couldn't hear myself talk.

And in case anyone thinks I'm just being an old Fuddy Duddy, I'm 26. We got razzed for keeping score. It was the worst experience I've ever had at Miller Park.

That being said, I've never had that problem in right field. I enjoy the 100 level bleachers in right field if you can get in the first few rows. There are TVs to be able to see replays (or you can look at the ones down in the Benz Fieldhouse) and you can still see the scoreboard.

We are stuck with getting the cheaper tickets, so I can't tell you about Infield Box or Club Level, but I have to say that if you can get between the two pilons in the Terrace Reserved directly behind home plate, they're great seats. This is where we're sitting for 6 games this year. You can really see the swings, the movement of pitches and whether or not they catch the plate. I really enjoy those seats.

I prefer loge level on the 1st base side.

Adding on to the bleacher posts, I sat there on Wednesday, right field and hated it. The last time I sat in the bleachers was last September in the left field bleachers, hated it.

On Wednesday, there was a group of guys, one in particular, who felt the need to stand the entire game (not a huge problem, I was in the first row) and point out anyone and everyone who had a hat or shirt on that didn't say Brewers and boo them. It was ridiculously obnoxious. They were paying absolutely no attention to the game at all and were just there to cause a scene...go to a bar or something. Adding to this, we had a ton of people who didn't follow baseball "etiquette" and countless times felt the need to go get food and beer in the middle of at-bats. Irritating. And the kids in the section over were messing around and managed to drop a cheese cup into the visiting bullpen, and chose to stand at random points during the game and block the people's view who were sitting behind them.

Edit: And it's getting old when people get booed, among other things, for not throwing back an opposing player's home run ball. Get over it, this isn't Wrigley, just because a guy would rather give the ball to a kid or his girlfriend or something doesn't mean he deserves a profane chant.

Basically, I don't intend to sit in the bleachers anymore if I can help it.

Adding on to tristar being 26 and not enjoying the bleachers, I'm 21 and hated it.

Club level is well worth the cost IMO. So many advantages - maybe for one game they don't matter too much, but over the course of the season if you have any kind of ticket package or go to a lot of games they are really nice. Like others have said, enclosed concourse with AC (perfect for hot days), in-seat service, food items not available elsewhere in the park (Sunday omelettes, etc...), wider seats, padded seats, much more leg-room, around 10 seats per row (less having to get up every time someone needs to leave), usually only 8 rows per section so every seat has a great view close to the action. It just feels more roomy compared to the other levels with 20-25 rows with sometimes around 30 seats per row.

jlau20 wrote:

Adding on to tristar being 26 and not enjoying the bleachers, I'm 21 and hated it.

Yeah, the people there can suck. I only sat in the (right field) bleachers once last year. It's a cool view and everything, but we were a row in front of about 15 drunk 30 and 40 year olds that were there on a work outing. Fortunately some of them left after the third inning and never came back, but nothing like hearing a 40 year old bald guy talk about how hot some of the girls around us were, who I swear to god were maybe 18 or 20 years old.

My dad has a 9-game pack for the Loge outfield box in left field and I really like the seats. Not too expensive and you get a great view. You also have a better chance of not sitting by drunk morons, who seem to be more prevalent in the bleachers and the terrace reserved on Friday and Saturday nights.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Outfield loge are the best seats for the money, IMO.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Of all the places I've sat in MP, I can't think of any that I really didn't like, view-wise.

Our traditional haunt is terrace box, but for a one-series visit, I realize you would like to set your sights higher. (Though if for some reason you can only get in the terrace for any of your games, definitely go with terrace box before terrace reserved.)

Our additional 20-pack location this year is the loge infield, which is pretty sweet. It's close to a lot of food options (more than the terrace, at least) and so far, I enjoy the novelty of being in front of the press area and hearing the announcements to press (attendance, who's warming up, etc.).

I've sat in the bleachers twice, both right field: once was in the field bleachers, next to the visitors' bullpen (that legendary 2005 fan fest game that many of us recall fondly). The other time was last year, in the front of the Beer Pen. Some of you are no doubt wondering how hawing managed in the Beer Pen, but it was a Thursday night and not a huge crowd. The view was good (especially for our group, which included several Corey Hart fans). In terms of fan behavior, I myself would not touch that area with a ten foot pole during weekends, though - even before reading of the experiences posted earlier in this thread.

I'll echo others in suggesting that you try for club seats at least once. (When we sit there, I always get a turkey burger, just because I can.) Note also that only the Club Infield sections feature waitstaff service - in case that is important to you.

Outside of the club experience, I think the loge offers a solid all-around package (view + value). I once sat in the farthest-to-the-right loge outfield seat (very back corner of 206) and even enjoyed that view. In fact, that seat offered a perfect vantage point to follow the entire arc of a Fielder bomb that hit either the scoreboard or batter's eye.

That was so cool that I'm smiling right now at the thought of it (and that happened almost two years ago).

After your visit, I hope you'll let us know where you sat and how you liked it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thanks for everyone's input. I think we'll probably do the club one night and then loge, field level, or bleachers the other 2.

Few more questions:

1. Will the bleachers be less obnoxious on a Sunday afternoon than on a Fri or Sat night?

2. If you buy club level seats, does that include a Metavante pass? If not, are those worth $5 a piece on ebay?

3. We definitely would like to spend a few innings one night sitting in barstools on a patio watching the game. We plan on getting there early most games. Where are the best spots for that? I know the Metavante club has a patio - are there other places with good vantage points?

Thanks again.

Archived