Brewer Fanatic

5/3/07 Pirates (Gorzelanny) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Pirates.

I had almost forgot what it feels like to lose. I don't like it.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Can't win 'em all, and like a few others said, this was probably the best bet for a Brewers loss this series. Bush only gave up 4 runs...unfortunately, Gorzelanny was on tonight and it didn't cut it. Frustrating loss because of the baserunning, but it just felt like one of those games where nothing went right -- everything the Brewers hit seemed to be right at a fielder.

Go get 'em tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Verified Member
Quote:
I couldnt have said it better myself, mindless! There doesnt seem to be much thought in the posts. Just make a change when things get bad. Move a guy in the order when he isnt hitting. Take a guy out of the lineup when he is not hitting. Everything is very easy to fix. Come on.

That is an opinion that you never back up.

I remember you from last year. You post nothing but passive aggressive insults and never post anything with any baseball substance.

I'm surprised you are still a member here. I would have canned you long ago. I now remember why I haven't posted in an IGT all year.

Community Moderator

well, that stunk. Good game for 6.2 innings but those baserunning gaffes cost us. I respect the aggressiveness but you don't need to do it all the time. Have a feeling Ned was drinking out of the "First Place Cooler" full of Brewer kool-aid.

Oh, well. Let's try to take the next 2 or 3 against these guys.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

brewers game this game away maybe they need to tone down the aggressive base running.

Aggressive is what you call stupid when you get lucky.

Mench cannot hit RHP. You have two LH outfileders on your bench. You are down 2 runs with one out. Both of those guys get on base at near a .400 clip aginst RHP.

Yeah -- Glad we saved Gross for tomorrow http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I am chalking this one up to just losing. This exposes the fact that we have two members of our bullpen that Ned is not comfortable with (Dessens and Spurling). I think that if Wise had not have pitched yesterday (this is not a criticism of Yost) then he would have pitched after Bay's double tonight. If not, he definitely would have been in after the first home run.

Yost and staff have made far more blunders worse than today. I cannot blame him for not pinch hitting for Graffy, but I would have rather saw Jenkins bat for Mench and keep Hart in and save Gross for the pitcher. Did that lose the game in hindsight. No,

The baserunning did.

In that situation Ned would get criticized either way. If he PH's Gross for Mench then Jenkins for Hart, Craig Counsell has to bat in the pitchers spot and everyone groans for Ryan Braun. Graffanino bats, everyone groans for Ryan Braun. So the 9th was kind of eh, but Ned basically left Dave Bush out there to die in the 7th and that was his mistake.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Verified Member

Ned basically left Dave Bush out there to die in the 7th and that was his mistake

That's it in a nutshell.

Well, I'm going to tomorrow's game and this one hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. Go Brewers!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

On another note, I didn't mind the aggressive baserunning tonight...obviously the hit and run didn't exactly work out well when Bush was at the plate, but other than that I like the fact that Ned is choosing to run a bit more these last few games. Bush, just like against the Astros on the 22nd, was great up until one inning that killed him.

Oh well, get 'em tomorrow.

Archived