Brewer Fanatic

5/3/07 Pirates (Gorzelanny) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did not waste Wise yesterday. It was only 4-0 and he was not going to use our closers yet. If Spurling comes in, you know he has to go to the closers after Spurling. I think using Wise was smart yesterday compared to where he used him earlier in the year when we were up 8.

This is what I am trying to say. If we blew the game yesterday, there would be complaints. Wise pitches and now we "wasted" him yesterday. If wise comes in and gives up a run, we should have gone to cordero. There is always a better way when it doesnt work out. Its like we expect to be perfect and win every game. We are really getting spoiled and the sense of reality is getting out of control.

If it's 4-0, go to Spurling or Dessens, as far as I'm concerned. A pitcher has to be really bad to blow a 4 run lead.

I'm not being spolied and out of control... I'd moan about this if they won 65 games. I have, actually.

I forgot what it felt like to lose. It feels like it's been so long. I don't like the feeling at all.

Note: I'm writing this before our last AB's to reverse jinx us http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hall and Weeks are officially in funks.

I plead for the fifth time in the last two weeks that we move Hall to fifth and move Menchkins to 4th. Drop Estrada to 6th. Just seems to make sense to me, but I am not the manager.

Heck, we are 18-9...we will lose some I guess even though I believe this is far from over.

Verified Member
Quote:
This is what I am trying to say. If we blew the game yesterday, there would be complaints. Wise pitches and now we "wasted" him yesterday. If wise comes in and gives up a run, we should have gone to cordero. There is always a better way when it doesnt work out. Its like we expect to be perfect and win every game. We are really getting spoiled and the sense of reality is getting out of control.

There is plenty of sound logic behind the complaints people have made in regards to Ned's use of the pen.

Tonight I simply pointed out that I thought Bush looked terrible to start the 7th and that he had lost it. You jumped on me. What I said proved to be true, at least this time.

If you disagree with me in the future so be it, but don't lump posters into some mob that can't grasp reality. It just might be true that there are individuals here that have a good understanding of baseball who don't deserve to be lumped into a mindless group of your own creation.

Matt Kinney...I mean Spurling... got away with two meat balls last inning. Now it looks like he might officially take us out of the game.

I don't see one ounce of talent or potential from Spurling.

NONE!

You are bound to right once in awhile.

C'mon man quit being such a prick.

All you do is berate posters that question what Yost does. You have

yet to add anything constructive to a thread yet.

Good for you. Making a pitching change is not always the answer.

It was the answer tonight. Bad for us.

Joey you are just happy you have a couple more people who think as simply as you. Just change pitchers whenever there is a problem. If things were always that easy and that is why you and your crew here dont manage. We are off to our best record and all people do is complain about things and they are always right. Most of the time its after the fact and blaming yost seems to be the way to go.

Yost does a good job and now when we are losing after this great run we get "what ifs" and reasons why we should have won the game. We scored two runs and bush had a bad inning.

Archived