Brewer Fanatic

5/3/07 Pirates (Gorzelanny) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the baserunning...

However, I do not disagree with Yost keeping Bush in the game. His only real option being Spurling is not a good option. That is why Capellan needs to get here. I think he has learned his lesson.

Verified Member
Bush was losing his velocity and control from the first batter this inning. Ned should have made the move right then. He got his 6 innings out of him. Why so greedy, Ned? The BP is rested. Cmon
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

The good news is that the deficit is only two runs and the Bucs' bullpen isn't exactly great.

As for Bush not doing well this year, I have to disagree...the amount of good innings outweigh the amount of bad innings so far. If Ned takes him out instead of letting him try to battle through some really horrible innings, I would guess his ERA would be at about 4.50.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I can't say I would have made a pitching change. Bush had dominated all game. Even after the 2nd double, the Pirates had 4 hits, with one being a fister. Then with two swings of the bat, it all changes

The same people who wanted a change would complain if sprurling came in so its lose-lose for yost there.

Yet, he created it by wasting Wise yesterday. If he didn't do that, it would be Wise/Turnbow/Cordero and turn out the lights.

Quote:
Yet, he created it by wasting Wise yesterday. If he didn't do that, it would be Wise/Turnbow/Cordero and turn out the lights.

I'm not so sure about that. When's the last time Wise pitched two straight days? They really baby him.

Quote:
The same people who wanted a change would complain if sprurling came in so its lose-lose for yost there.

It's not that you stuck up for Yost, it's the manner in which you did it. You're continually condescending in regards to matters of opinion.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The real point is they need one more reliable BP arm. They can't go the whole season with just Co-co, T-bow and Wise being the go to guys. Season is just too long.

I really think that's why they gave Acquino all those chances in the begining of the season. They were hoping he would be the answer, and who knows, he still might be. Or perhaps Capellean. Who knows.

That is why Capellan needs to get here. I think he has learned his lesson.

I don't think he has laearned his lesson yet. He was interviewed by the Sounds radio announcer and said that he was not sorry for leaving for two days. He thinks that there is a lot of baseball left and those two days would not affect his pitching.

Be a man and step up and say sorry. That is all you have to do but instead he makes some stupid comment like this. Do you want to play in the majors? Shut your mouth, say your sorry and maybe we will call you up.

He did not waste Wise yesterday. It was only 4-0 and he was not going to use our closers yet. If Spurling comes in, you know he has to go to the closers after Spurling. I think using Wise was smart yesterday compared to where he used him earlier in the year when we were up 8.

all i can say is that I would not have the juevos to leave a pitcher in there to finish the 7th after he gave up 2 HRs and 4 runs. He would've been out of there after the second HR.

Archived