Brewer Fanatic

4/25/08 Marlins (Olsen) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
We weren't Yosted today. We were Offensed today.

Thank you. There is no way in heck we were Yosted. If the offense doesn't score 3 runs or more, we're not Yosted in my mind. The silent bats are the cause. I really felt after Prince's 2 HR performance the other game the bats would wake up.

I'm also going to have to get off Yost's back for "bullpen mismanagement" here pretty soon, as out of the 9 guys he's got out there, he appears to be down to Shouse and Torres as reliable options. Everyone else (Turnbow's one good inning notwithstanding) has been garbage of late.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be a baby and go root for the cubs.. just trying to point out that things are not that bad right now.. like talking to my 18 year old brother who doesn't remember how bad the Packers were before Brett Favre..

Again, bite me. If you don't like my pessimism then put me on ignore. How about you go root for the Cubs? You would be a much better fit with all of your optimism. This is our year big guy!

Very disappointing game.. the bright side is that this isn't football so we only have to wait a day for another game.. the brighter side it is not blacked out on Extra Innings so us Wisconsin refugees can watch it.. see you all then..

How? They are playing bad right now and they're more home run/slugging hitters than they are on base guys. It's like a jump shooting basketball team. When the shots fall the team is great, but when they don't it's ugly

The team was called "bad" on offense, and the quote mocked the fact that we have 4 or 5 legit 30+ HR threats by calling them "sluggers" sarcastically. Ridiculous.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Be a baby and go root for the cubs.. just trying to point out that things are not that bad right now.. like talking to my 18 year old brother who doesn't remember how bad the Packers were before Brett Favre..

Again, bite me. If you don't like my pessimism then put me on ignore. How about you go root for the Cubs? You would be a much better fit with all of your optimism. This is our year big guy!

Thanks.. you just gave me my signature line for when we clinch the division this year..

Oh and I will say it again. BURN THE RETRO UNIFORMS! IF anyone can research it and wants to do it find their record wearing thos jersys since they brought them back in 2006. It can't be even close to good.

Thank you! I don't even care about their record. It's just so stupid to celebrate a team that freakin' lost the World Series. Ridiculous.

Brewers lose and all goes to heck around here. I like to win as much as the next guy but losing about 70 games or so is part of it, even for the playoff teams. I seriously dont think people think about that when they call the team garbage or awful, etc... Things are really good considering our hitting has been "garbage' for most of the season so far. Pick it up tomorrow fellas.

I mean, I'm disappointed and frustrated right now, but I'm not gonna snap at a fellow Brewers' fan for being optimisitic and trying to encourage optimism, especially when there's decent reason for it. It's April, and the Brewers are above 500 and two games back, and they're missing key players, and they haven't played all that great so far.

I'll take it.

Tonight, though? Tonight stunk. Gimmie Skaalen's head on a platter!

Our offense has been garbage and our bullpen has been garbage. There's no other way around that. Something is wrong when we're looking worse than the Giants offensively with this lineup. The bats SHOULD warm up but I have 0 confidence in this pen. I have serious doubts this team can compete for the division with these guys.

Can we fire Yost yet?

Ok... I went to the game, sat in freaking wet clothes for 3.5 hours for what? I get in the car and hear "Yeeeeaaah, it was great pitching. I mean we're swinging the bats fine right now." I almost drove my car into a tree. HELLO NED- YOUR OFFENSE IS NOT GOOD RIGHT NOW. 75% of your infield is below .200! That's like saying "Yeeeahhhh, Mota pitched pretty well, it was just great plate discipline by them."

I have reached my limit with him. I am done with Yost altogether. Part of me almost wishes they'd tank so he would get the ax.

But back to the game... should have known by the horizontal rain and 25 minute wait at will call that it was gonna be a rough night. I really, honestly, cannot fathom two decisions tonight. First, you get Rickie on to lead off the eighth, show bunt, and then take it off? It's 0-0, one run is huge. Would it kill them to manufacture a run?! Second, when 3 of the 4 balls Mota threw to walk the leadoff guy were "Juuuuussst a bit outside," you'd think about warming up one of those pitchers in your overly-stocked bullpen. Nope, let's wait until he gives up three runs before getting Riske up. Great move.

Whew.. I feel a bit better. Oh, and score some damn runs. Here's hoping Parra can get out of the fifth tomorrow.

Ned needs to go

Wow.

Decent time at the game tonite. Tailgating weather was horrible and it started to pour on the way in.

Yo with another really good outing.

Man does Gagne look like garbage. There have been only a couple of outings that I have been somewhat impressed with him. Never would I call him dominant. At least he will only be going for saves a majority of the time and thankfully is only signed for one year.

I had garbage seats but from where I was sitting it seemed like we hit a lot of balls right at people. For example Weeks stung the ball 3 times but only had one hit to show for it. A couple of others too but I don't remember who in specific. Oh well. I guess that's how it goes on certain days.

Getting tired of everyone blaming Yost every time the team loses. When the team scores 0 runs, that's really not the manager's fault. He's not in the box swinging for the guys. The pitching was fine...at some point the offense had to step in and score some darn runs, and they couldn't do it in 10 innings.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Getting tired of everyone blaming Yost every time the team loses.

He made some dumb moves. Both he and DM should be getting heat for their crazy roster situation.

He was safe on a feet-first slide into 3B, but then his momentum & Jorge Cantu kind of pushing him (their legs were tangled, hard to explain) carried his foot off the bag, & Cantu kept the tag on him for the out.

Why are we stealing 3rd base with 2 outs? -- Why does Braun do a pop-up slide there?

Olsen has 49 pitches thrown through 5 innings. Amongst other things, we're not working the count well.

I noticed at this point Yo had about 90 pitches. Weeks not completing 2xplays and other errors/non-plays are not helping our pitchers with their counts either.

Yeah we had the leadoff hitter on in 8 of 10 innings and scored 0 runs. Pretty hard to blame anyone but the offense for this one.

This was the sad and frustrating part. Where was the small ball? At least two leadoff doubles wasted. I'm sorry but part of this goes on the manager for just being lazy and hoping the bats get it done.

This was the sad and frustrating part. Where was the small ball? At least two leadoff doubles wasted. I'm sorry but part of this goes on the manager for just being lazy and hoping the bats get it done.

Yes, I'm sure Yost was just being "lazy." Come on. At some point, the bats DO have to get it done. That's their job.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived