Brewer Fanatic

Ex-Brewer thread? Latest: Chad Fox a Cubbie

razzzorsharp

I thought instead of having a thread every time Jenkins hits a HR or Estrada punches someone, maybe we could use a thread dedicated to those who at one point faught the good fight. Or maybe not...

Anyway, Gorss went 0-3 with a BB and 2 K's tonight.

who is this Gorss guy to which you refer?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

actually thanks for the update on him, I was kind of curious, myself.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Actually, I am glad that someone started this thread. After seeing Moeller behind the dish for the Yankees (and nearly having my head explode) and seeing Figueroa's gem for the Mets (and nearly having my head explode), I got to thinking that there seem to be quite a few ex-Brewers floating around this year.

Of course, there have been, always will be, former Brewers floating around. It's probably just a fluke that I've noticed so many this year.

Chad Moeller was DFA'd by the Yankees on Sat, but if no one picks him up he has said he will return to their triple A team. His line for the year (or week)

7 for 20, 1HR, 5 runs, 3 rib and a 1.035 OPS.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The Alumni Thread has always been in the minor league forum, because for the most part, it includes minor league names. For April, it's MLB only -- we'll be adding all the minor league names soon.

By the way, Chad Fox has had his contract purchased by the Cubs from AA after just four innings of action. Even easier to dislike one of the few Brewers who did burn his bridges with the fans and the front office.

Hey Chad Fox, welcome to the Cubs and way to give up the walk-off homer to Skip Schumaker today!! Too bad that's the highlight of my Brewers related day
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Ha! That was Fox tonight? I just figured it was the other bullpen torch, Wuertz.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Jorge De La Rosa is not having a very good season debut with the Rockies. 9 ER in 4 IP.

Pitching in the Rockies will flatten out Jorge's wicked stuff, the only thing he had going for him. I expect his stay there to be short.

He did have an RBI today, though.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
How did Fox burn bridges, I do not remember?

Upon signing with Boston in December of '02, Chad Fox was quoted in the Boston papers early in the '03 season, and came across very poorly as totally unappreciative of the patience the Brewers' organization had shown him and something along the lines that he was glad to be with a "real" big league organization.

I pasted his comments into a Brewerfan thread at the time and it ended up getting quite a response, especially from Jim Powell and Bob Uecker. Uecker, in particular, expressed unusually unrestrained on-air disdain upon hearing the comments, and the duo actually somewhat 'celebrated' Fox's role in the misguided Boston bullpen-by-committee approach in '03, and his subsequent release that very summer by Boston.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Richie Sexson could be let go by Seattle. It is disappointing to see the former Brewer viewed like Hammonds was here. Hopefully he will get another chance to resurrect his career with another team that won't have so much money invested in him.

Link

I wonder if there are still people around these parts who wish we had resigned him. Or, if there are people who will propose we pick him up and stick him in the OF. It's amazing that he went from a .900+ OPS guy in 2003-2005 to a sub .690 OPS guy in 2007-2008. And he is only what, 33?

Dante Bichette.

For some reason, he's my penulitmate 'ex-Brewer'. I have exactly zero criteria to explain that.

I'm confused by this statement. Doesn't penultimate mean next-to-last? I use that term quite a bit and that's the definition I am always referring to.

You know, with the Brewers track record with reclamation projects, picking up Sexson on a minor league contract might not be a bad thing, especially if there is a possibility that Prince could be traded. He hasn't been good in a few years, but if there's a chance he could return to a comfortable place and pull a Cirillo, why not?

Archived