Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan Boston Beer Bash

AmyintheSouth

The series at Fenway is just about 3 weeks away and when tickets went on sale, it seemed like a lot of people were going. So I was thinking we should get together after Saturday's game (4pm start) for some beer and baseball talk at Crossroads Pub. It's close enough to the park that you can walk there after but far enough away that there won't be a line to get in. A few of my non-Brewer fan (but supportive of our cause) friends are up for this as well.

So, who's in?

If anyone still wants to go and can get a ticket, I have hotel space to share for Thurs, Fri, and Sat. $250 covers you for all three nights (includes free breakfast at the hotel); $200 for Friday and Saturday.

I'm up for the Beer Bash, but personally I'd rather meet before the game than after - I'd like to go out on the town and not be too drunk. Sober up during the game. Perhaps we could also meet prior to the game on Friday? Cheers for Friday happy hour prior to the game anyone?

we have not planned out our activities on friday or saturday yet. friday we are going to the game but not saturday. i do know that we will be taking a train from boston to new york sometime on saturday night because sunday we are going to yankee stadium for a yankees/mets game.

i will let you guys know once we figure out where we are going before and after the games.

I just suggested Saturday post-game for the heck of it -- I figured people who were in the process of making their plans might be more apt to come if it had a date attached. So I'm up for whatever works for y'all. If more people want to do it pre-game, that's fine by me. Whatever works! Heck, maybe pre-game and post-game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This sucks. The weather for Boston this Thursday through Saturday does NOT look promising. I planned on doing a lot of sight-seeing on Thursday and Friday along with going to the game Friday night. Looks like rain every day, and a chance that my only opportunity to attend a game this weekend in Boston will be rained out. i guess ill be bringing plenty of rain gear...

Just cannot catch a break... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Amy, since you are in Boston (correct?), can you keep up posted in the next few days about the weather outlook? thanks.

So I just looked at the website for Crossroads and I am down for meeting there because 1) the pictures of the girls at the bottom of the website, and b) any place that has Beirut tournaments mid-week has got to be a good place.

As mentioned earlier, before is my preference because there's a good chance that we may not be in such a happy mood after. Then again, that also means we may be in serious need of alcohol.

I can do weather updates. The report I read has clouds Friday and Sunday and showers on Saturday, but at least the 4pm start gives a lot of time for the game to get played. However, the weather reports have been pretty inaccurate the past couple weeks, so we could be looking at sunshine.

I'm up for pre-gaming on Friday and post-gaming Saturday. To get to Crossroads, if you're coming from inbound Boston, get off at the Hynes stop, turn right, cross Marlborough, then turn left onto Beacon. Here's a map from the park. Beacon splits with Brookline Ave.

Oh, and public service announcement: if you're taking public transit, load up your Charlie ticket the first time you get it. If you use cash, use exact cash, unless you like Sacajawea dollars. The last thing you're going to want to do is stand in the mess at Kenmore Square trying to buy your fare back after the game.

Archived