Brewer Fanatic

Cubs to skip Hill vs. Brewers

JohnBriggs12

Piniella doesn't want to use his lefthanders against Brewer lineup.

Is that something Lou said, or that you saw written somewhere or are you just drawing your own conclusion?

Article in today's Sun-Times. Sorry don't have a link: "Piniella also wants to start right-handers next week against the Milwaukee Brewers who are 5-0 (now 6-0), when facing lefty starters..."

Here's the link.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/912654,CST-SPT-cubnt24.article

It seemed to be part the Brewers part Hill's struggles in general. He's the fifth starter and Lou seemed to want to keep his other pitchers on 5 days rest as much as not wanting him to face the Brewers.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

They're going to kill us.

Well then, that's just great for you. You've got a whole weekend off where you don't even have to watch the games(What, with knowing the outcome, why would you?).

Just think how much you'll accomplish in that time now that you don't have to watch us "get killed".

Something about how every hitter in the lineup is smoking the ball and half of ours is hitting .200. And our starting pitchers don't have me that excited. They're putting a lineup out there with guys like Ramirez, Soriano, Lee and Fukudome while we're still waiting for Rickie Weeks to prove he even belongs in the majors.

Just think how much you'll accomplish in that time now that you don't have to watch us "get killed".

Yeah -- you could troll message boards, and leave people snarky replies, whenever something doesn't sit right with you -- however -- it would be better in the future to list a number of things one could do.

Something about how every hitter in the lineup is smoking the ball and half of ours is hitting .200. And our starting pitchers don't have me that excited. They're putting a lineup out there with guys like Ramirez, Soriano, Lee and Fukudome while we're still waiting for Rickie Weeks to prove he even belongs in the majors.

Yes, guys like Theriot, Johnson, Cedeno, and others are hitting well right now, but that could all change in a week and it probably will. People get on hot streaks then they fall back to their norms.

And if our pitchers don't get you excited, how do theirs? Sheets will be back (I guess you could disagree but I am going by what the team says), Yo looked great, Suppan minus one start has been terrific, Villy found his stuff last game, and our number 5 has struggled. Compare that to Zambrano who is tough, Hill and Lilly who have had one or two good starts combined (yes I know we wont see them), and Dempster, who will regress like Suppan probably will, and then Marquis who is nothing special. I just dont see how this team is head and shoulders above us. They are on a hot streak for sure but those things fade.

They're putting a lineup out there with guys like Ramirez, Soriano, Lee and Fukudome while we're still waiting for Rickie Weeks to prove he even belongs in the majors.

Give. Me. A. Break. Have you checked the Brewers roster lately? And the notion that Weeks has yet to prove he's solid.... mmmmphm.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

One week is a long time in terms of hot streaks. I mean in his last three games Week's is hitting .333, with an OBP of nearly .500, has 4 RBI's, 4 runs, and has just one K. So, you could say he is on a hot streak. i know it has been long but just shows how quickly bats can change.

Is it just me, or is RickieWeeksJr a Cub fan? Seems like he's ready to hand them the WS trophy right now. Either that or it may be time for him to take a break from Chicago sports talk radio.

Good grief, if you're using BA as the lone evaluating tool, no wonder you don't like the concept that Weeks has been very solid. Not to mention that 2008 is his first healthy season, but why bother noting that, right?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

We can go past BA if you'd like and talk about his butcher-esque mentality with the glove. Although he seems to be getting better there ... honestly, you're not the least bit disappointed with Weeks? He was pimped more than any player in the Brewers system. He's been worse than Hardy. "Solid" has no place in describing his performance since making the majors.

Archived