Brewer Fanatic

4/24/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. When you're an aggressive base runner, you're going to make an out sometimes. Hart grabs a lot more extra bases than he makes extra outs. It sounded like a close play, too, so all in all, it probably wasn't a bad idea to go for it.

I don't know about that man. You should never try to get to third with no one out unless you are absolutely sure you can make it. You are already in scoring position. How many triples to left can you recall seeing? I can't think of many...

anyone know how Rickie managed to hit a tirple to left field on Tuesday? I was at the game and never got to see any replays of it, and it just seems almost impossible to triple to left without the fielder falling down or something similar
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

True. When you're an aggressive base runner, you're going to make an out sometimes. Hart grabs a lot more extra bases than he makes extra outs. It sounded like a close play, too, so all in all, it probably wasn't a bad idea to go for it.

I don't know about that man. You should never try to get to third with no one out unless you are absolutely sure you can make it. You are already in scoring position. How many triples to left can you recall seeing? I can't think of many...

Rickie's bases clearing triple earlier this week against the Cards was to leftfield... but a good throw would have had Rickie that day. Maybe it is just Pat Burrell that the Brewers shouldn't run on... at least this turned out better than when JJ ran on him a couple years ago.

The thing is you can never really expect a perfect throw to 3rd. If it was that close of a play, then I imagine anything thrown a little bit off and he's safe. You can definitely take that chance, no matter how many outs there are. If there are no outs, even better because then you have 2 chances to sacrifice him in or 3 chances to get a hit.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

anyone know how Rickie managed to hit a tirple to left field on Tuesday? I was at the game and never got to see any replays of it, and it just seems almost impossible to triple to left without the fielder falling down or something similar

Schumaker (I think it was him) was wheeled way over towards center and the ball hooked right at the left field line, and bounced around a bit.

I was at that game, too (thanks Pedro!). Did you see where the LFer was? He was practically in center. Weeks hit a line drive down the line and it just took them waayy too long to get to it.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

TSack2

Rickie's bases clearing triple earlier this week against the Cards was to leftfield... but a good throw would have had Rickie that day. Maybe it is just Pat Burrell that the Brewers shouldn't run on... at least this turned out better than when JJ ran on him a couple years ago.

Did you see where Schumaker was playing on that particular play? He was playing more toward CF than LF (and I have no idea why) Plus I still think overall Rickie is faster than Hart

Archived