Brewer Fanatic

4/24/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watching MLB.tv hear the announcers bashing the pitcher hitting 8th strategy?

The one guy said it doesn't make any sense to him because then the 7th hitter wouldn't get any decent pitches to hit. He also said he thinks that Kendell would hate batting 9th.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it or not yet, but i think its been working pretty good for us so far this year.

Supposedly, while Braun was playing third, Hardy would play a little closer to third to try to help cover for him. Maybe Hardy can position himself better with Hall on third base.

That makes some sense, although I don't think range was ever an issue for Braun. If true, it might also be JJ making an excuse for his below average range

Braun hearts LHP...1-0 Crew! Nice job of not trying to do too much with that pitch...he's really starting to come around.

Of course, it helps that Jamie Moyer throws slower than some BP pitchers.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Side note: Moyer should petition MLB.com to change his picture. It looks like he got woken up at 3:00am (wearing his Phillies cap, of course) and dragged down to the police station for a mug shot.

Hard to say for sure because I obviously can't see it, but it sounds like more of a hitter's strike zone today

From what I've seen, it is a little tighter than what we've seen in recent series. Then again, it just may be the styles of the two pitchers that are making it seem that way...both Moyer and Suppan nibble a lot as it is.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived