Brewer Fanatic

4/24/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
In the 8th inning of a 1-1 game I think I would bring in a left-hander to face the league's hottest hitter who also happens to be left-handed.

The problem is the Brewers were hurt by more than Utley. Riske didn't do his job and it wasn't his day. If the Brewers lose and score one run, it's a moot point anyways. It's awfully hard to win ball games when you only score one run.

I agree, this one is on the offense today.

Bad AB's, bad baserunning, bad, bad, bad...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, holding Philly to one run would have helped the Brewers chances.

Agreed, but the Brewers would still have to score. The Brewers should be able to win plenty of games only giving up 3 runs, but the offense just isn't clicking quite yet. Riske is a multiple inning guy usually and the fact that we don't have an off day this week means we have to try to get use out him. Hopefully the Crew can hold them to zero in the 9th and only have to make up two runs.

if you're just going to pitch the pitchers anyway, you might as well put them in to give you favorable match ups.

david pitches until Utley bats

shouse pitches to Utley

if Utley gets on

Torress to Burrell.

Torress pitches the next inning, like he is doing now

Yes, the offense has definitely not helped today (especially the baserunning)...but...

Note to Ned - in the 8th inning of a tie game, Torres>>>>>>Riske

Until he gives up some runs and then we move on to the next guy. Is is not always that easy and we know that every reliever will have bad days. Torres has had some rough times as well if my memory serves.

Archived