Brewer Fanatic

4/24/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the constant calls for bringing in more relief pitchers. Riske didn't do his job. It's that plain and simple and if we took a relief pitcher out after every bad pitch we'd burn our bullpen to the ground.

So are we going to go from our best in of the season to possibly our worst loss or are we going to get up off the deck and come back and win this baby?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep hope alive here...I almost forgot we have two innings left to get these two back

We've been able to get guys on the last couple, now let's get them across

Riske is garbage. Sure glad we have him for 3 years.

I don't quite think he's garbage. But come on Riske, you get the first two out then walk a guy in front of Utley give up a hit to him and then get two strikes on Burrell and he lines one to left. Jeez.

11 ip, 13 hits, 9 runs. That's borderline garbage.

I don't get the constant calls for bringing in more relief pitchers. Riske didn't do his job. It's that plain and simple and if we took a relief pitcher out after every bad pitch we'd burn our bullpen to the ground.

agreed. and if we go on to lose this game everyone will remember Riske and forget about the awful at bats with runners in scoring position and the poor baserunning.

Poor Soup. He pitched a gem

pretty much how the year has gone for him. pitch really well and absolutley no run support. i do believe that we've come back to win a lot of his starts though, so maybe we still have a good chance

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Yeah, I'm gonna keep hope alive here...I almost forgot we have two innings left to get these two back

We've been able to get guys on the last couple, now let's get them across

Thats what I like to hear!

Ueck had me thinking Braun had hit another double

Poor Soup. He pitched a gem

pretty much how the year has gone for him. pitch really well and absolutley no run support. i do believe that we've come back to win a lot of his starts though, so maybe we still have a good chance

He's this year's Cappy.

agreed. and if we go on to lose this game everyone will remember Riske and forget about the awful at bats with runners in scoring position and the poor baserunning.

In the 8th inning of a 1-1 game I think I would bring in a left-hander to face the league's hottest hitter who also happens to be left-handed.

I will remember both, but that doesn't excuse Riske from having 2 outs with nobody on and still giving up 2 runs. I wasnt calling for another move to the bullpen - I stated long before Riske came in for the 8th that I did not want to see him. He has been terrible

In the 8th inning of a 1-1 game I think I would bring in a left-hander to face the league's hottest hitter who also happens to be left-handed.

The problem is the Brewers were hurt by more than Utley. Riske didn't do his job and it wasn't his day. If the Brewers lose and score one run, it's a moot point anyways. It's awfully hard to win ball games when you only score one run.

The problem is the Brewers were hurt by more than Utley. Riske didn't do his job and it wasn't his day. If the Brewers lose and score one run, it's a moot point anyways. It's awfully hard to win ball games when you only score one run.

Well, holding Philly to one run would have helped the Brewers chances.

Archived