Brewer Fanatic

4/24/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gwynn has 41 Ks in 226 major league PA so far. That is hardly a great contact rate.

Weeks has to learn to not take close pitches with 2 strikes and runners on. He gets struck out a lot like that.

I guess maybe I am one of those people that has been fooled into thinking he is a better contact hitter than he has been thus far. I know he was in the minors

Gwynn has 41 Ks in 226 major league PA so far. That is hardly a great contact rate.

Weeks has to learn to not take close pitches with 2 strikes and runners on. He gets struck out a lot like that.

I guess maybe I am one of those people that has been fooled into thinking he is a better contact hitter than he has been thus far. I know he was in the minors

In the minors he has 299 in 2103 PA which still isn't amazing but it definitely is better. In AAA he has 98 K in 647 PA, I think he is just overmatched a bit at the higher levels still.

walking Dobbs to get to Utley wouldn't have been a recommendation of mine

He just did that so when we take the lead in the bottom of the 8th Gagne doesn't have to face Utley in the top of the 9th.

well at least the Rockies have taken an early lead against the Cubs

Just hope it doesn't come down to the Rockies needing Corpas to save the game. He trying to outdo Gagne in the blown saves department this year.

I read earlier today that Fuentes was actually given the closer's role, but he has blown 2 holds in the past week so it doesn't look much better.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived