Brewer Fanatic

5/5/07 Pirates (Duke) @ Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm gonna need to buy a home defibrillator to get through this season.

edit : You walk him because Shouse kills lefties and they weren't going to be able to pinch hit for Duffy. Its a little risky but I think it was a smart move, though maybe pitching around to see if he chases would have been better since he's a weak hitter.

I would have been awfully mad at Brian if he would have walked in a run. Shouse is a lefty killer and Duffy has a .158 AVG vs. lefties. He got lucky, he takes that pitch and it's a tie game.

Bats have been pretty much silent since the 2nd inning, so we might need these 3 runs to hold up. Hopefully Villy can be the usual Villy here in the 7th, I assume he's coming in.

He can start, he can come out of the pen, nothing seems to break Villanueva. He may be the most underrated guy on the Brewers roster, and he just shut down the heart of the Pirates order. If he can get his walks down, look out.

Quote:
My liver will also take one for the team: For every run the Brewers score from this point on, I will drink a shot of tequila, it being Cinco De Mayo and all.

Sure, that's easy to say in the bottom of the 7th in a low-scoring game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived