Brewer Fanatic

Add another to the "that didn't take long" file: Miguel Cabrera moves to 1st; Carlos Guillen to 3rd

ELCABALLO45

Kind of shocking, didn't think he would move to 1B or DH till way later in his career.

If it wasn't for the preence of several other old timers on that team, I'm not sure he wouldn't be a DH already.

Fans of a team with Prince Fielder are calling players on other teams fat? Glass houses, etc.
There is a differance between big and fat.

From all accounts Prince absoutely works his butt off to stay in shape. Numerous people with access to the clubhouse always say Prince isn't really fat, he is just extremely well put together. His baggy uniform certainly says otherwise though.

Here we go again. Prince might be very muscular, and even fit, but his body fat percentage is pretty high. Just look at his midsection.

I don't understand why so many people vehemently deny this very obvious fact. It's not a slam on him, as it obviously does not affect his play... yet. So why the denial that Prince is fat?

Professional offensive lineman are fat too, but they are also very fit. Anyone want to deny that?

Prince was born with a fat guy's body, and was always destined to be a big fella. Miguel Cabrera wasn't...

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.art.com/images/-/Miguel-Cabrera-2003-NLCS-Game-2-Homerun--C10131166.jpeg

Fat boy fits him.

Here we go again. Prince might be very muscular, and even fit, but his body fat percentage is pretty high. Just look at his midsection.

The only time I ever saw anything written about his body fat % was when he was measured a few years ago in spring training and he had the lowest body fat % on the team. Not that it isn't impossible the rest of the team is just that much fatter or he could have added a few extra pounds of fat since then but it is unlikley given his diet and desire to be a complete player.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The only time I ever saw anything written about his body fat % was when he was measured a few years ago in spring training and he had the lowest body fat % on the team. Not that it isn't impossible the rest of the team is just that much fatter or he could have added a few extra pounds of fat since then but it is unlikley given his diet and desire to be a complete player.

I don't doubt you read it, but I really doubt the authenticity. I have an extensive background in physiology, and am around this sort of thing all of the time. A guy like Gabe Kapler has low body fat (I realize he is new to the team) is "low" in body fat, and I have to believe that guys like Hardy, Counsell, and Hart (all who have been around for a while) all have a lower percentage now, and then (whenever that was), than Prince did. Not because they are skinny, because sometimes skinny guys are out of shape and "fat", but because they are skinny AND are fit (as it is their profession). I bet Weeks might have been there at one point too, but he seems to have plumped up lately.

Prince isn't fat. Braun isn't cocky (someone even called him classy in the other thread). Weeks is on his way to the Hall of Fame. Ned Yost is great. Man alive, it's as if some people 'round these parts think they aren't fans if everything they spew isn't pro Brewers. Sorry for not staying on topic.

Let's keep in mind that Cabrera was a teenager when he got in to the big leagues. How many of us still have the bodies we had when we were teenagers? Metabolism slows down, yes, even for professional athletes.

Let's keep in mind that Cabrera was a teenager when he got in to the big leagues. How many of us still have the bodies we had when we were teenagers? Metabolism slows down, yes, even for professional athletes.

Pretty sure if I was getting paid millions to play ball and stay in shape that I could do it. Most of us live real lives, work too much, have kids, etc. Cabrera is just lazy.

Cabrera did lose a lot of weight in the offseason, but he could probably stand to lose a bit more. Of course, it's pretty unfair to compare him to how he looked when he was a 20-year old on that World Series team, too.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080420/capt.b3ebc4a1712b49f28938f5a6ed830e61.tigers_blue_jays_baseball_cptm106.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080424/capt.d2235ad058a941c98d038134dc3883b3.rangers_tigers_baseball_dts106.jpg

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived