Brewer Fanatic

"We're thinking about the World Series" - Ronny Cedeno

ELCABALLO45
"I hit a grand slam today, so I'm going to just say whatever I feel like" -- Ronny Cedeno

Isn't every team 'thinking about the WS' every year?

Except he said it yesterday.

Stupid time machine...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I agree with Cedeno. Anything less than a World Series victory for the Cubs would be a crushing and shameful disappointment, one that will cut to the character of the team and its godshead, Lou Piniella. In fact, there are some other metrics that they should think about: 25 wins apiece for Ted Lilly and Ryan Dempster; 150 RBI for Aramis Ramirez; and the reanimation of Harry Caray, who hasn't been able to get in on the racist japes about Fukudome.

Isn't it kind of weird we don't play the Pirate until July 4th? We play them a ton in the 2nd half, this may benefit the Brewers in their quest to catch the Cubs.

The Cubs are certainly good and they have had some underperfoming pitchers. Dempster really is their only pitcher who is playing over his head. I expect their offense to come back a little bit.

You can't fault Cedeno for having confidence, but I would rather him focus on an NL Central title first and then focus on the playoffs. It is never a good idea to get to far ahead of yourself. A lot of things could happen.

Last year taught me not to get too caught up in the early season ups and downs. But at the same time, if your team is playing well and blowing out the opposition, you will get excited. If the Brewers started doing what the Cubs are doing now regardless of how many home and road games and the quality of the opposition, fans here would be reacting the same way and I don't doubt that some of the young players would be alluding to some of the same things like the playoffs.

But my advice to any Cubs fan would be that to enjoy it while it lasts because it is a long season and you aren't going to consistently beat the opposition by 8-9 runs a game.

Gotta give credit where it is due. The Cubs are winning and beating the teams they are supposed to. It's not like they can take 8 out of 6 from the Pirates. At least we haven't dug the hole they dug for themselves last year. They aren't going away this year...and neither are the Brewers.

As for Cedeno...who isn't thinking WS or at least the playoffs in April? Isn't that why they play?

What I would be way more concerned about if I was a Cub fan would be the high number of innnings pitched by the pen so far. They are overtaxing the pen over a relatively easy portion of their schedule. That would seem to indicate their starting pitching hasn't been good enough to go deep even agianst inferior opponenets. If it was jsut a case of very good starters being cold right now it'd be one thing but if you go by their career numbers Lilly and Marquis are not as good as they showed last year, Dempster may very well faulter as the inning pile up ala Looper last season and Hill just hasn't been very effective so far though he may be the one guy who can put it together yet. Overall the starters and the overused bullpen is why I feel more confident wiht the Brewers chances than the Cubs despite the current Cub lead.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

You can't fault Cedeno for having confidence, but I would rather him focus on an NL Central title first and then focus on the playoffs. It is never a good idea to get to far ahead of yourself. A lot of things could happen.

Yeah, the only issue I have with it is it seems to imply the division itself is just a given afterthought for them at this point (MID-APRIL!!!), but whatever.

I'm fine with the comments of Cedeño and Zambrano. After all, Robin Yount reminded us every year that a team's goal is to win the World Series.

I do agree with cubfan1126 that the headline writer might have better served readers by focusing on something else, such as the Cubs winning 7-1 and having a 4-game winning streak. It might have been more appropriate had the article's author placed the game itself higher on the inverted pyramid, too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Anyone who isn't thinking that the World Series is attainable, anyone who lacks enthusiasm, anyone who doesn't believe in his teammates has no place on my team.

Right, but the point here is that a guy, who hasn't done a whole lot so far in his career is the one saying it about 20 games in.

We're not talking about what guys THINK. We're talking about what this idiot said. I like Cedeno as a player. I got into a long debate with him on this forum regarding people perception of him vs Pie being unfair(and it's about 4 months early to think I was right), but this guy is a moron, and it's getting easier and easier to see why Cub fans hate him despite the fact that he's clearly a very talented player.

I now understand how someone could get thrown out at 2nd on a friggin walk. It's a "Cedeno" thing.

Archived