Brewer Fanatic

5/6/07.. Non-Brewers IGT

lcbj68c

Quote:
Bonds is apparently going to get tonight off, the last I heard. That kind of sucks. I was looking forward to an evening with the Lincecum debut and watching Barry.

Me too. Peter Gammons just said that it's because of a few reasons.

1. With the day game yesterday and a night game tomorrow, he will end up getting over 48 hours off.

2. Hamels is one of the toughest lefties the Giants will face so it was a good day to sit him anyway.

Luckily, I have the MLB package on direcTV so I see Barry every night. There's nothing better to go to sleep to than Barry Bonds hitting a baseball.

The worst is after his at-bat in the 3rd or 4th inning (usually around 10:30) waiting up to see one more at-bat by him (usually around 11:30). My wife thinks i'm crazy. haha

Quote:
Without him in the lineup I am actually watching the game...

Thats just silly. If you don't like him. Fine. But to not watch the game if he's playing is really strange? Just go to the kitchen and get a drink when he bats? Or take a pee when he bats? Why would you not watch the whole game because you don't like one player??

It's not like basketball or football where they are contstantly on the field (court).

And now E5 on a grounder. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Helms, Helms, Helms....

Oh, and for the record, I'm enjoying this game much more knowing that Bonds is not in the field or in the lineup. Bonds' presence makes basbeall less enjoyable for me ... I don't think that's silly.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Bonds gets death threats, just like those two did. He's going through some pretty major stuff. Just because he used steroids doesn't mean the threat of death is less serious.

Not even close to the same situation though... Bonds put himself into the situation that he is in.

Anyone else not all that impressed with Lincecum?

Quote:
If I ever meet Jon Miller in person I may have to punch him in the face for comparing what Maris and Aaron went through in setting their home records compared to what Bonds is "going through".

I think Miller is right. Bonds has had to go through a lot too. He has been made the scapegoat for every person that ever took steroids. He has to endure death threats all the time. He is probably the greatest hitter of all time, but yet the least liked baseball player of all time.

Personally, I'm a little biased as he is my favorite non-brewer to ever play. I've loved him since he was on the Pirates and can't think of a baseball player in my lifetime I'd rather watch hit. He's absolutely amazing.

Archived