Brewer Fanatic

4/23/08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bush is right at that familiar breaking point: 5th/6th inning or about 85 pitches and it's the third time through the order.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not understanding this...why "should" it be 3-2?

Rickie's poor throw on the DP = 2-run HR instead of solo jack.

Rickie Weeks loves getting on base so much he sometimes throws the ball into the ground near first just to share the joy with others.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think Bush likes the big ole' goose egg in the win column.
Score should be 3-2 right now...that's not bad through 5

Because Rickie "should" have been able to complete a standard DP throw to first

I'm okay with how Bush has pitched so far considering how insane the Phillies hitters have been, but Greg Dobbs is probably like 6th on my list of who I'd guess would have their homerun.

Edit: I'm a moron, didn't see Utley's homerun.

Trivia type Question: Has any team ever had 3 different players win MVP in 3 consecutive years? Just saying with the way Utley is playing.

Surprisingly, it's happened a few times:

1938,1939,1940 - Ernie Lombardi, Bucky Walters, Frank McCormick (CIN)

1942,1943,1944 - Mort Cooper, Stan Musial, Marty Marion (STL)

1941,1942,1943 - Joe DiMaggio, Joe Gordon, Spud Chandler (NYY)

1961,1962,1963 - Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, Elston Howard (NYY - Maris also won in 1960)

Thank you very much and to the previous poster who responded as well.

One of Kapler's few poor ABs this year....
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I think Bush likes the big ole' goose egg in the win column.
Score should be 3-2 right now...that's not bad through 5
Because Rickie "should" have been able to complete a standard DP throw to first

Hmm, I guess I disagree on that one. That was a pretty slowly hit ball and Prince did scoop it clean, I'm not sure he gets him anyway, I don't think it was standard, it was going to be a bang-bang play at first if we got him.

Hate to waste the first two getting on base....

Archived