Brewer Fanatic

4/23/08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad nothing came of the guy catching the foul ball, you could tell he was deeply embarassed.

Especially after Utley crushed that ball; Kapler made a nice go of it but no dice

Well good grief, he wasn't even in the first row. It looked like he came down the aisle from the third row to lunge out and steal that one from Billy.

> Trivia type Question: Has any team ever had 3 different players win MVP in 3 consecutive years? Just saying with the way Utley is playing.

Don't know, but the way this guy is playing... yikes

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Yes. We've said the same things about Prince when he was in his first MLB at-bats.

He now has basically a full year of at bats. I know everybody swings at crap sometimes but Braun does a lot.

He now has basically a full year of at bats. I know everybody swings at crap sometimes but Braun does a lot.

Fair point. However, Prince hadn't honed his approach fully until he got a bit into the season, so I'm willing to be more patient with Braun. But you're right. He chases more than Prince ever really did.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Trivia type Question: Has any team ever had 3 different players win MVP in 3 consecutive years? Just saying with the way Utley is playing.

Looks like others already started wondering last month - Cardinals in the early 40's and Reds in the late 30's

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080327&content_id=2461357&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Trivia type Question: Has any team ever had 3 different players win MVP in 3 consecutive years? Just saying with the way Utley is playing.

Surprisingly, it's happened a few times:

1938,1939,1940 - Ernie Lombardi, Bucky Walters, Frank McCormick (CIN)

1942,1943,1944 - Mort Cooper, Stan Musial, Marty Marion (STL)

1941,1942,1943 - Joe DiMaggio, Joe Gordon, Spud Chandler (NYY)

1961,1962,1963 - Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, Elston Howard (NYY - Maris also won in 1960)

> You are a major league second baseman. You are a major league second baseman. You are a major league second baseman.

There's no room left in the outfield. There's no room left in the outfield. There's no room left in the outfield.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived