Brewer Fanatic

4/23/08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Awesome win. On a side note, Bill said his player of the game was Ned Yost, for "pushing all the right buttons." Are you kidding me? He put in Turnbow, and ...... nothing else, except for making a very stupid move with Bush batting in the 6th. Good button pushing, Ned.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Ugly save, but we will take it. "

He walked a guy. Big deal.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Good teams win some games they're not supposed to win...tonight was definitely a game that they weren't supposed to win with Hamels facing off against Bush and the Brewers having 2 available pitchers in the bullpen.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think it was a pretty well managed game. I suppose he could have pinch hit with Gallardo or something like that, but that is stretching it. He needed to get as many innings as possible from Bush and he took a chance. Very happy to see Turnbow succeed and Bill Hall still sucks.

Awesome win. On a side note, Bill said his player of the game was Ned Yost, for "pushing all the right buttons." Are you kidding me? He put in Turnbow, and ...... nothing else, except for making a very stupid move with Bush batting in the 6th. Good button pushing, Ned.

There was really no good option to pinch hit for Bush there anyway.

Lets Give Ned some props when it is deserved. Also, T-bow, great to have you back. Nobody makes me more nervous but also so excited when he does well. Love it. Great win today, I was on the edge of my car seat for quite awhile.

I think it was fine to let Bush hit. It was only the 6th inning of a 1 run game, and Hamels' pitch count was creeping up. You figure you'll get to the pen and get some runs when the top of the order comes back around. It worked, and it was off of Hamels' not the pen.
You may run like Mays...

True, true... Pot... Kettle and all. There have been a bunch of closers who haven't been effective this year. Then there's Cordero who is at least getting plenty of bench warming opportunities for the Reds.

I'm really happy for Turnbow, talk about a guy who needed something positive!

Way to go Prince, two bombs off an outstanding lefty!

Ned deserves credit, it was a gutsy call to go with Turnbow like that, freshest arm available, or not.

What a game! Just got home from a buddies house where we were watching the game. Although Bush gave up some long balls he pitched pretty well I thought. Huge props of course to Prince for those two bombs, Stetter for pitching two great innings and Turnbow for coming in and getting it done. Hopefully it boosts his confidence a bit and he can be a valuable part of this bullpen.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived