Brewer Fanatic

4/23/08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The saddest part about having 14 pitchers is that nearly all of them are overworked because of all the extra inning games and the struggles of some our starters. I can't imagine what would've happened had we not had all these pitchers.

Glennron[/b]]
That's fine if you don't pinch hit for him, but then let him stay in for longer than ONE batter. In this instance I think the "bashing" is warranted.

Maybe the crowd knew he was going to do that, too, so they really let him have it with the booing. Milwaukee fans are so smart

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I'm pretty sure he didn't pinch hit Bush because he didn't want to use his cashed bullpen. That's fine if you don't pinch hit for him, but then let him stay in for longer than ONE batter. In this instance I think the "bashing" is warranted.

I see your point and respect it, but I think he was buying time to get to Stetter. A guy at first and with the potential guys on the bench to pinch hit for Bush it really wouldn't have gotten the offense going in my opinion. And Bush is one of the better hitting pitchers on the team.

True, but what's amazing is that Ned managed to burn out 13-14 arms. That's quite a feat.

TLB you and I pretty much agree on some points, but I don't think he's burned that many arms. I think the fact that the Brewers have played that many extras -- and for some stupid reason refuse to DL Sheets. Wouldn't it only cost a few more games if they did that now? That's what I don't get? We can complain about Turnbow not playing, but now it should be Sheets. He's essentially been on the roster 10 days between his last start and his "next" start. DL him. It would cost him one start.

"Let Yovani hit he does have the most power"

That would be the smart move probably but Yovani is sitting out in the bullpen I think. Probably a good idea to bring him in the dugout while the bench is shorthanded, eh Ned?

Earlier in the game they showed Yovanni and Villanueva on the top step talking, so I would assume he's still in there.

well, whoever called 10+ strikeouts this morning in this thread is the winner thus far!

We are just flailing away (when we actually swing) right now.

Disappointing to say the least.

Well, 2 innings to go and only one run. Hamels has got to be almost done by now.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's sure going to be nice when we're not facing teams' best pitchers every other game. Harang twice, Cueto twice, Zambrano, Santana, Hamels, Wainright twice. This is getting old. I want more Kevin Corriea's!

I don't understand how people can blame Yost for having to use the different arms in the amount of extra inning games they've been in so far this past week. It kind of ruins the argument that people have against the guy.

Personally, I think he wanted to give Bush a shot to get through the seventh, but Bush blew it. I didn't really understand it at first, but now I guess I can kind of see what his was thinking. First, Hardy's speed is pretty poor he wasn't scoring unless it was a home run (something you're not going to get out of Gwynn or Counsell), and also, I'd say that Bush's bat is only worse than Gallardo's.

And as for the reason he then proceeded to take him out in the seventh, it's what I said earlier. He wanted to give Bush a shot to get through the seventh and save an arm in the bullpen for the final two innings, but the leadoff double was no week blooper so he figured that it was probably best to take him out right away if he wants to have a shot at winning the game.

And for that reason, they still have a shot, even if it might not be much of one.

I'm not going to make excuses on what pitcher the Brewers face --- at least Hamels is a lefty. The offense has struggled lately and it still is. There isn't such a thing as a weak schedule in a 162 game season. The boys gotta have better at bats. That's the disappointing part of it.

I don't understand how people can blame Yost for having to use the different arms in the amount of extra inning games they've been in so far this past week. It kind of ruins the argument that people have against the guy.

Personally, I think he wanted to give Bush a shot to get through the seventh, but Bush blew it. I didn't really understand it at first, but now I guess I can kind of see what his was thinking. First, Hardy's speed is pretty poor he wasn't scoring unless it was a home run (something you're not going to get out of Gwynn or Counsell), and also, I'd say that Bush's bat is only worse than Gallardo's.

And as for the reason he then proceeded to take him out in the seventh, it's what I said earlier. He wanted to give Bush a shot to get through the seventh and save an arm in the bullpen for the final two innings, but the leadoff double was no week blooper so he figured that it was probably best to take him out right away if he wants to have a shot at winning the game.

And for that reason, they still have a shot, even if it might not be much of one.

All but one of those were 10 innings. With 14 freakin' pitchers that shouldn't make a huge difference.

Archived