Brewer Fanatic

4/23/08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting this into words so I can see it written with my own eyes...

He's doesn't pinch hit for his pitcher in a 1-run game with the tying run on base, then proceeds to take that pitcher out after facing one batter in the next half inning.

WOW.

I don't really understand why Yost did that, but it did save a pinch hitter for possibly later in the game which might help. It's almost like in the bottom of the sixth he wasn't sure if he wanted to try to win the game, and then in the top of the seventh he decided he wanted to give it a shot.

I'm doubtful about whether or not Counsell or Gwynn would have extended that inning so I'm not going to get all worked up about it. If Bush doesn't give up a leadoff double and gets through the inning unscathed, then the move doesn't look as bad.

There really shouldn't be Yost managing bashing at all. Whether it's Melvin or Yost there shouldn't be 14 pitchers on the team. That's making Yost's decisions that much more difficult. This is a joke. Put Sheets on the DL and what we lose? One start? Sheets is the problem or the Brewers lack of addressing the injury properly. Sheets on the DL ASAP please.

Whether it's Melvin or Yost there shouldn't be 14 pitchers on the team. That's making Yost's decisions that much more difficult.

True, but what's amazing is that Ned managed to burn out 13-14 arms. That's quite a feat.

Production WOAHS not SOLVDD

Camera selection has been perfect or nearly so.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

There really shouldn't be Yost managing bashing at all. Whether it's Melvin or Yost there shouldn't be 14 pitchers on the team. That's making Yost's decisions that much more difficult. This is a joke. Put Sheets on the DL and what we lose? One start? Sheets is the problem or the Brewers lack of addressing the injury properly. Sheets on the DL ASAP please.

I'm pretty sure he didn't pinch hit Bush because he didn't want to use his cashed bullpen. That's fine if you don't pinch hit for him, but then let him stay in for longer than ONE batter. In this instance I think the "bashing" is warranted.

True, but what's amazing is that Ned managed to burn out 13-14 arms. That's quite a feat.

In Ned's defense, they've been in like 34 extra inning games the last two weeks. I definitely haven't always agreed with some of his bullpen decisions so far, but if you're going into 10 or 12 innings a few times in a week, it's going to take its toll regardless of who is managing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Let Yovani hit he does have the most power"

That would be the smart move probably but Yovani is sitting out in the bullpen I think. Probably a good idea to bring him in the dugout while the bench is shorthanded, eh Ned?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived