Brewer Fanatic

5/6/07 Pirates (Armas) @ Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the radio or FSN?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member

Anyone else hearing Sheet's postgame interview? He sounds pretty bitter about being pulled.

Wow, I'll say. He was pretty clear that he thought getting pulled was a bad move.

No matter how Powell tried to spin it, Sheets would not let it come off as anything other than how pissed he is

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

He just sounds frustrated to me. When asked what exactly wasn't working out there, he say "everything". Called himself a one-pitch pitcher. He has really high expectations of himself.

sheets is just frustrated that he doesnt have his good stuff going yet while the other pitches are carrying the rotation considering their rotation spots. He was talking to Yost as others pointed out, but you could see how pumped he was that the Brewers won the game. He was celebrating as much as Prince.

I think Sheets is getting frustrated about that lifetime W-L record. Terrible run support in the past, coupled with a 2-2 record while the Crew has the best record in baseball has to be tough. Hardcore fans understand that W-L record is not telling of how good a pitcher he is, but most casual fans use that W-L record as the barrometer. Sheets wants that Johan-esque W-L record, and he's been unable to get it. That could frustrate anyone.

BUT, in more cheerful news, we're 21-10

Sheets wants that Johan-esque W-L record, and he's been unable to get it. That could frustrate anyone.

I am patiently waiting for a Johan-esque season from Sheeter.

interesting story on todays game from fox

especially this

Quote:
Fielder just eluded catcher Ryan Doumit's tag as the throw home was up the third-base line. After he slid across the plate, Fielder popped up and repeatedly punched his fists toward the Pirates' bench, prompting plate umpire Tim Timmons to step in front of him and point him toward the Brewers' dugout.

Verified Member

And this too:

Quote:
"Obviously, he wasn't very pleased with getting hit last night, but can you blame him?" Tracy said.

Doumit wasn't as diplomatic.

"It was a nice slide," he said. "My hat is off to him, but I think that's pretty bush league what he did afterwards."

I would've thought throwing at Prince's head after giving up a 3-run bomb would be pretty bush league.

3TO Apostle

Quote:
Sheets wants that Johan-esque W-L record, and he's been unable to get it. That could frustrate anyone.

I am patiently waiting for a Johan-esque season from Sheeter.

He already had one.

I took the stats from Santana's BEST season (which ironically was also 2004). It was his best season in terms of starts, K's, ERA, and W/L Record.

2004: 34 starts: 5 Complete Games. 237 innings. 264 strikeouts. 32 walks. 2.70 ERA.

2004: 34 starts: 1 complete game. 228 innings. 265 strikeouts. 54 walks. 2.61 ERA.

One of those lines is Sheets (12-14) and the other is Santana (20-6).

The first one is Sheets (More innings, complete games, 1 less K, 22 fewer walks, almost identical ERA). He was 12-14.

That's basically the point of this entire conversation. Ben Sheets is one of the greatest pitchers in the league statistically. It's not his fault that for whatever crazy reason the bullpen blows a lot of his leadds and the offense is AWOL in a lot of his starts.

Quote:
I'm talking about 2007 though.

I'm sittin here waitin' patiently

Oh yea..i misread it.

Amen, brother. 2007=the year of Ben Sheets.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sheets is a great pitcher (sometimes) but I for one won't miss him when he's gone. First of all he is very inconsistent and at least 1/3 of the time is very average to even poor. Last year he reported out of shape and proceeded to get hurt AGAIN and he sometimes makes as if he has a really poor attitude. IMO he's not worth anywhere the money they would have to pay him. Let him pitch out his contract and let him walk and take the draft picks and keep the prospect waves coming.

I'm sure Ben is just upset about the bullpen blowing his lead as soon as he left the game. If the bullpen would've preserved the 4-2 lead, I'm sure he wouldn't have been so grouchy.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived