Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Just goes to show that it's gonna be a long season and writing off guys in April might not be the best policy.

Amen to that, robbo. I won't say it's never a temptation, but you know what happens when you assume.

And as always, never underestimate the power of cheese sandwich images. And Gabes.

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/35189-34.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good thing about today is that the Brewers actually won the game.

The defense almost killed them today, as it did yesterday, and at this rate, the bullpen doesn't stand a chance. This many extra inning games, matched with this many short starts just doesn't give the relievers a prayer of staying fresh.

Parra absolutely looks like a guy who could use a few starts at AAA, but there's no chance of that at this point. Heck, even if that was possible, Bush looks like a guy who could use a few starts in AAA too.

The only good thing about today is that the Brewers actually won the game.

Weeks: 2-5, 1 BB, 2 R, 3 RBI

Braun: 2-5. 2 RBI

Fielder: 3-3, 2 BB

Hart: 1-3

Gross: 2-4, 2 BB, 3 R, 1 BIG SB

Mota: 2 IP, 0 R

McClung: 1 IP, 0 R, 2 K

That's all great dlk, but I still don't take away a good feeling from what I saw.

This game looked exactly like so many of them from the second half of last season - they opened a nice lead, but the starter left early, the D let them down, and the bullpen looked gassed. I'm glad that Mota pitched well today of course, but look at how many appearances and IP those guys are racking up.

It's been weird run of luck, they've had an unusually high number of extra inning games, and they had a starter come out with an injury, but I don't like what I'm seeing at all for the relievers.

I know they hit today, but I've never thought the offense wouldn't come around, I just don't want to see another pile of blown leads.

Maybe he gets a little nervous around nice looking women. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have a beautiful friend who is quite the socialite in Milwaukee nightlife. She has met a few brewers on the town and claims that Weeks has no confidence when it comes to women.

Seems he lacks that same confidence on the field sometimes.

If he ever overcomes that, let's go, and just trusts his ability...

Looked like he was starting to do that at the end of last year.

JMO

Seems he lacks that same confidence on the field sometimes.

If he ever overcomes that, let's go, and just trusts his ability...

Looked like he was starting to do that at the end of last year.

JMO

Two things that a guy as talented as Rickie should not worry about, ever, are his natural born abilities on the field and picking up women. He's blessed with quick hands and a fat wallet. A professional athlete has no reason to lack confidence in the dating area.

Otis Nixon is a very ugly dude:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/ChadFinn/08-13-2002-otis.jpg

And wound up marrying this:

http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/loge/6770/pebbs-2/perri_otis_crop.gif

Two things that a guy as talented as Rickie should not worry about, ever, are his natural born abilities on the field and picking up women. He's blessed with quick hands and a fat wallet. A professional athlete has no reason to lack confidence in the dating area.

I agree. They shouldn't have a problem in those areas.

Archived