Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta feel great for Gross. He was struggling but all of his at-bats were ending like that bomb he hit in the 9th; hit very well but just to the wrong spot of field.

I'll take a 12-8 record right now considering we haven't really had a great offense and bullpen in the same game.

Save the home opener, it always seems like the Crew takes the scenic route--scenic like driving through Gary and Hmmond, IN

After this one I feel like the space battle scene in Return of the Jedi, where all the rebels are going nuts when they shoot down the Imperial Destroyer but Admiral Ackbar just slumps into his chair, exhausted and relieved[/NERRRRDS!]

What a great encouraging win!!! It was good to see the offense break out. It was good to see Gagne pitch well. It was good to battle back after Weeks mistake in the 9th. What a great day to be a Brewer! 12-8 and Cameron on the way plus Sheets and Yo together in the rotation starting next Monday.

I like your spirit but this type of win isn't very encouraging. Not when the bullpen badly needed a blow. But at least we had some offense.

Rickie says You Know more and more every interview.... He just said you know 3 times in a row.... You know, ya know, ya know, you gotta hit the ball ya know

At least he knows that if he fails to ever live up to his potential that he has a future as a public speaker

Rickie gets a lot of crap around here for his interview skills. When he was on Bob and Brain's show during spring training, I didn't even know it was him. He was seriously one of the best sports interviews I've ever heard on a radio show.

Maybe it's just the camera/interviewers that get to him?

I am a Gross hater, but have to give him his props today. He played well.

Also, have to give props to Yost for managing the short bench. He did not have to put guys out of position like LaRussa did. It can't be easy to play extra innings in the NL with only three bench players, especially when the SP barely goes 5 innings.

It was nice to see two of the guys who've had the most derision (McDung anyone?), in McClung and Gross come through for us. Just goes to show that it's gonna be a long season and writing off guys in April might not be the best policy.

Maybe he gets a little nervous around nice looking women. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have a beautiful friend who is quite the socialite in Milwaukee nightlife. She has met a few brewers on the town and claims that Weeks has no confidence when it comes to women.

Archived