Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an E-4, but won't - "because you can't assume a double play". Why not? I can!

And this isn't the first time Rickie's spiked one of those DP throws this year, but it won't show up in the stats. Gagne gets a blown save and an earned run, but Rickie gets no mention in the record books. Any chance MLB would entertain a review of that guideline, and let scorers assume a double play... they make a lot of other assumptions on bad hops?

Evidence that ERA is a flawed stat.

LaRussa and Cox always find interesting ways to use their players. Pujols has a bum shoulder, but it should not affect him at 2nd.

This is a freaking joke. How much does it take to throw a strike. How many walks in this game?? There is absolutely no excuse or reason to be in this situation. I can handle a few walks to a tough batter in a difficult situation but to be up by five and have seemingly all your pitchers not able to make the other team hit the ball is ridiculous.

I'm watching on Gameday, so I can't judge what's going on, but Gagne' was used 4 days in a row, heated up yesterday and is out there today...I was defending Yost for putting him out there Sunday, but 6 days in a row is nuts.

Gagne warming up doesn't matter. Gagne told Bill that it doesn't take him very long to get loose and that he doesn't start throwing hard until he knows he's going in, which he didn't yesterday. Also, Gagne has said the last two days that he feels absolutely fine to go.

The fact of the matter remains that he shouldn't have even had to pitch today if the rest of our bullpen does their job and he should've already gotten the save today.

Prince should've dug out that throw yes but it's still a tough pick. Rickie had all day to get a good throw off.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The fact of the matter remains that he shouldn't have even had to pitch today if the rest of our bullpen does their job and he should've already gotten the save today.

That is exactly my thoughts. Riske and Shouse didn't quite get the job done today. And that sucks but it happened.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The thing I think you have to give Gagne is that he doesn't freak when he gets into a jam. I have yet to see a reliever with the kind of composure he has. I think that's the most impressive thing about him. Imagine Turnbow at his peak in that position. The second he puts a guy on third, he's a wreck.

Archived