Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Yeah I agree this isn't on Gagne. Izturis should've been struck out and then Gagne got his groudball for the double play but Rickie screws it up. And now it sucks cuz everyone will blame this on Gagne. He'll end up getting 5 outs this inning.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You had all day Rickie! Gagne seriously has pitched great. Izturis should have been struck out. This is not on Gagne
He did put two on with no outs

I'm assuming you are listening and not watching because the 2-2 pitch to Izturis is a strike every day of the week and twice on sundays

why do 2b always throw the double play relay sidearm? I can understand when they are crossing the bag, but for example, Rickie is using the base as protection has both feet set and throws sidearm, while every other throw he makes is over the top.

I admit that I posted before I realized the error, but putting two on with no outs in a one-run game tends to invite disaster

It does invite disaster. But he pitched his way out of it and Rickie made the worst throw I think I have ever seen. This is HIS fault. Not Ned not Gagne.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

samwise wrote:

OK, Gagne apologists, what is it THIS time? Nerves? "Just one bad pitch"? Ned? Steamed-up goggles?

E-4

Should be an E-4, but won't - "because you can't assume a double play". Why not? I can!

And this isn't the first time Rickie's spiked one of those DP throws this year, but it won't show up in the stats. Gagne gets a blown save and an earned run, but Rickie gets no mention in the record books. Any chance MLB would entertain a review of that guideline, and let scorers assume a double play... they make a lot of other assumptions on bad hops?

Archived