Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's left in the pen? Mota and Gagne?

Edit: McClung too I suppose

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Why, when we play the Cardinals, does it always seem like they determine the match-ups and we react to it? What you can see here is that we need to define some bullpen roles and stick to them. We have too many guys who can only pitch one inning out of the bullpen. We could reduce our bullpen by one and still have more flexibility.

This game is a perfect example of why I argued that Parra should be the one to lose his rotation spot with Gallardo coming back. Not getting to the 6th inning forced the team to burn two relievers (just in that inning). As those innings build up, they're going to continue to take their toll on the bullpen.

Why, when we play the Cardinals, does it always seem like they determine the match-ups and we react to it? What you can see here is that we need to define some bullpen roles and stick to them. We have too many guys who can only pitch one inning out of the bullpen. We could reduce our bullpen by one and still have more flexibility.

They can only pitch one inning because they are being asked to pitch everyday. It's easy to say put in this pitcher but its a much different story when they actually have to pitch all the time. We are going to have some tired arms out there if this keeps up. That is why Ned just cant make the change all the time. We have a good bullpen but we need to give them some time off with a blow out.

Riske hasn't been the same since He was doing back-to-back-to-back a couple times earlier in the month. That's what happens when you fall in love with 3 pitchers and forget about the rest.
It's blanket statements like these that really bother me. I haven't said anything through this whole thread, but Riske has appeared in games on:

May 31, April 2, April 5, April 9, April 11, April 15, April 16, and April 19.

So not only has he NEVER gone back-to-back-to back, but he's only gone back-to-back ONE stinkin' time.

Dont say "oh it just seems like he has" cuz that's a weak excuse.

Huh? Everyone except Turnbow and Gagne can go two easily (Shouse of course shouldn't). Thats currently 4 to choose from in Riske, Torres, Mota, and Stetter who can go more than one plus McClung for blowouts.

boy, oh, boy. I go to lunch duty and the score is 4-3. I come back 45 minutes later and it's 8-7! At least the bats showed up today!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It is nice not to have to hold ur breath when a ground ball is hit to third base this year. Mets have bases loaded with one out, still down 3-0. Ex Brewer Brady Clark at the plate.

Only way he does any damage in that situation is if its agains the Brewers

It is nice not to have to hold ur breath when a ground ball is hit to third base this year. Mets have bases loaded with one out, still down 3-0. Ex Brewer Brady Clark at the plate.
Only way he does any damage in that situation is if its agains the Brewers

He got 1 in,

It is good to see Rickie making solid contact, even on the outs today. Good sign.

Archived