Brewer Fanatic

4/22/08 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Yost): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008season/pitchers422.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/standingsscoreboard.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/brewersnews.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/gamepreview.jpg
Sportsline.com Preview
MLB.com Preview
Brewers Press Pass

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/mediacoverage.jpg
TV: FSN Wisconsin
Radio: 620 WTMJ (Brewers Radio Network)
Internet: Live Boxscore, MLB Gameday 2008, ESPN Gamecast
Sportsline Gamecenter

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/fansites.jpg
CardsClubhouse.com

BEAT THE CARDINALS!!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewer hitters have to love Yost/Turnbow/Gagne discussions on how late inning relief/decisions have cost the Brewers, because the offense is terrible right now.

the truth is, if the pitching weren't generally stellar so far this season, the Brewers could easily have only 5-6 wins. Someone remind Brewer hitters that they can use the opposite field - they don't have to pull EVERYTHING...Mr. Skaalen, do your job, please!

I'll rest easy tonight. Facing a lefty seems like a good cure for the offensive ineptitude. No Gabe Gross tomorrow!!!

Yeah, I mean good thought and everything. The only problem with it is that Kyle Lohse is right handed.

Well definitely taking this pathetic effort of an IGT off today.

I come here to see who is pitching, check out their stats, and get an unbiased introduction to today's game.

The jabs at Ned Yost have gotten to the point of embarassing. It really is. It's pathetic. It's a joke. It's stupid. It's dumb.

Unless you think it was Ned Yost that Corey Hart dropped 2 routine pop-ups that Little Leaguers can catch, then he had nothing to do with the result last night.

Sunday afternoon, people were in arms on this very site because Yost should have gone with Turnbow instead of Gagne. He goes with Turnbow last night and is crucified because he gave up back to back doubles. I actually thought TBow pitched well last night. He groofed that first fastball that Braun should have cut off and held him to a single. I thought it was encouraging that he worked out of a situation where guys were on base and he has typically imploded in those situations.

Anyways..rant over....but i'm taking this thread off today. I do appreciate the work that Woogie puts in, but not when he turns them into a chance to take shots at the manager. Obviously being a coach, I have a different perspective than people who have never coached and often times never played in their life. They don't get it.

I don't remember many people calling for Turnbow in the game sunday. There were some sarcastic comments as to whether he was still on the team but I don't recall many calling for him. Most were calling for Riske.

As to taking shots at Woogie that just does not make sense to me. Thanks for all the work Woogie and I think this thread would be funny no matter what side of the Yost debate you are on. If you are frustrated with him it is obviously funny. Also if you are supportive of Yost who thinks people blame him for everything that goes wrong this is funny is an ironic way.

I don't remember many people calling for Turnbow in the game sunday
wouldn't this have been a good opportunity to shut up Turnbow and his agent? is he still alive or is he already in Detroit?

Yeah. I'd say turnbow's probably gotta be fresh. He hasn't pitched in forever

And is Turnbow still alive, or?

If there not going to use Turnbow why is he on this team?

That's the problem with all you Yost haters....you always "misremember", in the words of Roger Clemens.

I'm quite sure this thread is sarcasm to those who blame Yost for everything. The point being that Yost does not play on the field.
I'd agree with that if Woogie wasn't always the ring-leader of the term "yosted" every time we get beat.

Those comments don't mean people definitely wanted to use , but maybe they did. They are valid questions even if they dont want him in. Why is he on the team if Yost won't use him. He hadn't pitched in forever. He shouldn't be on the team if you are not going to use him. You like Yost, I get that. I disagree, but I get it. But to bash everyone who doesn't like him like we are whining idiots doesn't make sense to me. Nor does it make sense to bash the guy who makes in-game threads for every game.

Enough with that though. I am wondering what the lineup will look like today. Obviously it is a Rivera day. Will any of the other regulars like Hardy maybe get a day off? Here is to hoping Parra has a nice 7 inning start in him today. Lets get back to how you were pitching at the start of spring training young man

I am really longing to see 8-10 run outburst, but I would gladly settle for 6 runs. In the last 13 games they have scored over5 once if I am not mistaken. They did it 3 times in the first 6 games. Lets get back to that. I am sick of seeing the Cubs scoring big lately while we are struggling to get to 4 runs. This is compounded by the fact that my boss and good friend is a Cubs fan. I agree with BrewCrew I think Braun is ready to breakout.

I'm not going to even get in a debate with you. I hold back my opinions on Yost and don't even get involved in threads that talk about getting "Yosted" because it is useless to do so. You don't even know where I stand with Yost (because in reality I'm neutral) so don't even try to tell me that I am the ring leader of the "Yosted" chant when we get beat. I was just making a joke because everyone has been up in arms the last few days about Yost, plain and simple. It looks like some people got the joke, but not everyone.

woogie can do whatever the hell he wants. i'm pretty sure it says "in-game thread director" under his avatar. if you want stats and splits, woogie doesn't pull them out of his butt. there are plenty of places to find the info...

you are taking this in-game thread off??? good.

Archived