Brewer Fanatic

Why does Yost continue to put his players in position to fail?

kmcasper23
Did anyone honestly think that Turnbow could pitch a scoreless ninth? A Little Leaguer has more confidence than him right now. He probably just pitched his last game in Milwaukee. No way he will want to pitch here again after giving up the winning run in another game.

Yeah, good thing he got his shot to pitch in a "meaningful" situation. Maybe that's why Yost put him in there? To shut him up? I don't know, but I'm hoping Turnbow's days are numbered. This just isn't the situation right now for him. I wish him the most success wherever he ends up next.

It doesn't make any sense. If Yost has so little faith in him that he pretty much never pitches, then don't pitch him in the 9th inning in a tie game, especially after having not pitched in approximately forever. If he has enough faith in him to throw him in that situation, then put him in more often to keep him sharp (as sharp as Turnbow can be) and to maintain his confidence.

Look, I don't think Turnbow is particularly good, but when you have to knock the rust off in a pressure situation as boos rain down from your home crowd, you are not being put in a position to have any sort of success.

The Brewers either need to pitch him more often or get rid of him (the latter option makes more sense). His current role is pointless.

When you have your agent contact the organization and complain about playing time, why not put the guy on the spot and see how he responds. Granted it's Turnbow and we pretty much know what is going to happen, you don't call out the organization outside the clubhouse and not back it up. Look what happened to Frank Thomas this past weekend. I along with many others hope Turnbow isn't with this team once May rolls around.

If anyone has seen the movie, "The Natural", I believe Turnbow plays the role of Bump Bailey. He is a talented guy that just doesn't get it and is a curse to the team he is on.

Get rid of him, "bag and baggage." He is becoming Isaiah Thomas"like" figure with the Knicks. Everyone outside the organization wants him out but organization stubbornly holds on to him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Might have been a different story had Braun actually hustled after that single in the ninth.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Might have been a different story had Braun actually hustled after that single in the ninth.

What were you watching. He did hustle. Not fair to Braun.

The selfish slacker you should be attacking is Bill Hall for swinging when he is getting "unintentionally" walked. The Cards were hoping he would get himself out and he happily obliged.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Attacking? That's a strong word. And I'm not the only one that questioned his hustle - the Baseball Tonight guys made mention too. This isn't the first time he's taken his time getting to a ball in the outfield.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Attacking? That's a strong word. And I'm not the only one that questioned his hustle - the Baseball Tonight guys made mention too. This isn't the first time he's taken his time getting to a ball in the outfield.

I respectfully disagree. That's all. I always see Braun hustling hard offensively. I just think he is still a bit tentative in the field. I believe he wanted to get around the ball so he could get more on his throw, but I wouldn't say it was a lack of hustle. Maybe he attacks that ball once he gets better.

Also, Hall still gets his usually Hall pass.

I think Turnbow just moved into the "needs a change of scenery" category.

I think Turnbow may have just moved into the "needs to find a new career" category.

They should put Yost in that same category for letting Turnbow pitch

Archived