Brewer Fanatic

I'm Loving The Hank Steinbrenner Era!

PKBadger

It seems like at least once a week, Lil' Stein opens up his yapper and undermines Cashman, Girardi, the players...it's great! I was a little too young to fully appreciate the battles between his dad and Billy Martin back in the 1980's. As Georgie's health had been deteriorating recently, the constant grandstanding and vitriol was sorely missed. Nice to see that Hank is picking up the slack:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3356490

"I want [Joba Chamberlain] as a starter and so does everyone else, including him, and that is what we are working toward and we need him there now," Steinbrenner told The New York Times. "There is no question about it, you don't have a guy with a 100-mile-per-hour fastball and keep him as a setup guy. You just don't do that. You have to be an idiot to do that."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman apparently disagrees.

"Joba's staying in the bullpen right now," Cashman told Newsday on Monday. "That's where we're at. [Putting him in the rotation is] not something that's going to happen here early on, and [Hank] knows that. We've talked about it. I don't know what set him off."

"The mistake was already made last year switching him to the bullpen out of panic or whatever," Steinbrenner told The Times. "I had no say in it last year and I wouldn't have allowed it. That was done last year, so now we have to catch up. It has to be done on a schedule so we don't rush him."

I also liked this gem:

"[Mussina] just needs to learn how to pitch like [45-year-old Phillies pitcher]

Jamie Moyer," Steinbrenner said, according to The Times. "Moyer is known as a crafty pitcher who doesn't have an overpowering fastball."

Good post, KegStand81. . .
I couldn't agree more--

Bombastic buffoonery at its best.

Surly, grouchy dictator with a pea brain--but this time it's not the accomplished ship builder, but the dolt son, born into the family fortune.

It's so clear that the media is just baiting him now, waiting for this blowhard to spit out something good. And he does it all the time. Just wonderful.

"I want [Joba Chamberlain] as a starter and so does everyone else, including him, and that is what we are working toward and we need him there now," Steinbrenner told The New York Times.

That was done last year, so now we have to catch up. It has to be done on a schedule so we don't rush him."

At least he's thinking things through...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived