Brewer Fanatic

5/7/07 Nationals (Chico) @ Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Brewers!

Wasn't Dmitri Young at least decent when he was with the Tigers? He had some really, really awful at-bats tonight. Looked like he didn't even care......maybe playing for the Nationals will do that to you, or maybe he's contributing just as much as the others to their suckage.

I'm wondering if they go to Turnbow tomorrow if they're in a save situation. Cordero has pitched a few days in a row now, and yes, that one outing was only one pitch. However, Brian Anderson made a good point tonight when he mentioned that it's not really the one pitch he threw in the game that counts, it's that he got up in the bullpen to get loose, where he probably threw 30 pitches. Those pitches in the pen count just as much as the ones in the game, in my opinion.

Plus, I'd kind of like to see what Turnbow could do tomorrow in a 9th inning situation, and use Villanueva in the 8th, if need be.

Community Moderator

Another nice game to watch. Just over 2 hours, too! An extra hour to watch 24, Heroes, and CSI: Miami, plus check out a present I received in the mail today.

Cappy looked great. Shame that we had to use Cordero, which probably makes him unavailable tomorrow, but that's why we have Turnbow, I suppose.

Can one be more excited for tomorrow's game than we all are? The work day just can't go fast enough when your team is winning.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
I've watched this same game dozens of times over the past few years... solid pitching (one pitch away from being spectacular) coupled with the inability to get timely hits. It feels good to be on the other side for a change.
I know exactly what you mean. I had these same thoughts watching tonight.

Feeling alright sir?

Just fine, Dak, how about you?

Right now I feel like I could take on the whole Empire by myself

I know what you mean, Dak, I know what you mean

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just got back, what a great game! Great day to have Jenkins in our dollar game we played as well!

I noticed we were in the same section as the man himself; Brian the Automator.

Great game all around; definitely a whole lot of buzz surrounding this team at the park and out of it!

I really am not fond of games in which all runs come in one inning, or worse, on one swing of the bat.

I like what we did in the Pirates series, getting key runs when they were needed.

That said, a win is a win is a win. 22-10, baby.

I'm still amazed with Jenks hitting a HR against the lefty. You know it's going good when stuff like that is going down

Indeed, JET15. This conversation took place in our living room last night:

hawing (looking at FSN graphic indicating Jenkins' .133 average vs. lefties): What do they have Jenkins in here for?

Geoff: *crack of bat for 3-run HR*

S.O.: There you go.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived