Brewer Fanatic

5/7/07 Nationals (Chico) @ Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, what am I going to do Thursday with no in game thread?

Second, Ray King is the man. Me my bro and some friends saw him in Cincy the last year of Riverfront, 2002. It was the game where Alex Sanchez broke himself.

Anyhoo, we were first row in right field overlooking the Brewer's pen. When Ray was walking out to the pen before the game, we all stood up, cheered, and waived our Brewers gear at him. He came over stood at the base of the wall thanked us for coming, asked us where we were from, and shot the breeze for a couple of minutes. I will always have a spot for Ray King.

The Brewers won that game, one of only 56 that year. We almost got killed singing "Roll Out the Barrel" on the concourse outside Riverfront. Something about talking smack when your team stinks...

well, at least the WSJ didn't wait to jump on the Brewers bandwagon. They've been covering them well for years! There's been article after article praising Melvin, and this is another one!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Verified Member

As a lefty, I wonder who Chico would rather face, Hardy or Prince. I think Hardy and Prince's hot streaks are going to start ushering the way for a Bill Hall hotstreak a la last night.

Last 7 days, Hardy and Prince's OBPs respectively... 567 and 533! And Hall is already heating up with a 407 OBP over the last 7.

BTW, vs lefties, Hall is doing the worst of the three at 341. Prince is 370 and JJ is 333 (OBP)

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I felt bad about it too Bucks, however, i then noticed the OPS of the Washington Nationals. Wow, they are REALLY bad. 3 players above a .750 OPS. Thier starting rotation is pretty bad too. This is just a bad baseball club, and i don't think Ned will let the guys overlook em.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Yesterday's game was a blast, other than the speeding ticket I got on the way to Miller Park :P

It's a good sign for the Brewers when fans are getting tickets going to the games and not coming from them.

It's nice to be on the winning end of a worst vs. first matchup.

Now if only they would sit Mench more against righties and play Gross or Hart we'd be set. Mench has not hit righties well at all this year and shouldn't be playing unless we face 3+ of them in a row.

Nationals entire roster 12 HR's, Fielder/Hardy 17 HR's, heh.

Community Moderator
I also have an irrational fear of us losing the series...just like have for virtually every game and series this year. The only game that I was sure we were going to win was opening day. I should have stomach ulcers by July and I'll be watching the playoffs from the hospital.

Archived