Brewer Fanatic

5/7/07 Nationals (Chico) @ Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 6-4 homestand already assured of going into the last series, which is against the Nationals. I know that's not a complete sentence, but it just felt good typing it. I've been to 4 games this year and one of the Indians-Angels games. When finals are done I'll be graduating from UW and going to a lot more games. Last year I tried getting to 16 games (or 10%). I'm setting a good pace this year too.

I think we need to start debating whether JJ Hardy can pitch.

He can... pretty sure he was clocked in the 90's while pitching during a high school game.

The Brewers would let him pitch... but that just wouldn't be fair

I feel so much better when we go get the first game of a series. I felt sick when we lost the first one against Pit. It makes the other games seem like must wins then. So here is to the Crew dominating tonight and getting the first game.

Impressive numbers, by and large, from the Nats bullpen. In a lot of ways, they remind of some Brewer teams in recent history!

Obviously anything could happen in these three games, including a Nats sweep, but I think we're all getting greedy for wins at this point, and expecting good things. Roughly 1/5 of the way through the season, it's amazing how consistent this Brewer team has been, showing up ready to play every day, winning the games they should win. Here's to another pleasant series, and plenty of work for Dessens and Spurling via some comfortable leads...

Community Moderator
I can't believe that we're already on our 32nd game of the year. That's just shy of 20% used up already! I love baseball season, and it really lasts a good long 6 months, but sometimes it just speeds by so fast . . .

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wow, my boy Ray King isn't pitching so hot thus far.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm not going to count the chickens before they hatch. We were saying the same thing going into the KC series last year and we ended up losing the series. I know its a much different team this year, but you still can't overlook this team. I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't sweep, but as long as we get the series win that is all that matters

Thanks to MLB Extra Innings, I've actually watched a few of Chico's starts this year. The kid is basically making the jump from Double A to the MLB and doesnt really seem to trust his stuff much yet at this level.

Does a lot of nibbling, so is prone to high number of walks...especially in critical situations when he tries to be too fine. So times I'm not even sure the guy throws any strikes??

Patience at the plate will key tonight.

Wow, my boy Ray King isn't pitching so hot thus far.

Oh, man, I just realized the Nats have Ray King!

Please, Nats, save him for Wednesday so I can see if he still sprints from the bullpen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived