Brewer Fanatic

Organizational Pitching Stats, Hitting Stats and Depth by Position - from Baseball-Reference.com

• 3 years later...

The links for this wonderful resource have been updated for 2012.

Yeah, this is great. Rather than jumping around from player page to player page it's all in one area.

And can someone explain to me how every time I see Thornburg's #'s, they look like a mistake? Like they've subtracted a couple runs from his ERA? If he can continue to pitch like this for just even 5 more starts in AA, I think it's time to move him to AAA. Actually, he won't continue to pitch "like this," ie, a .82 ERA, but if he can continue to dominate, keep striking out more than 9 per IP, and keep his walks down...and move him up to AAA.

I suppose the other train of thought would be to keep him in AA all year long and then he'd be ready next year to contend for a starting spot in the big league rotation, but unfortunately the Brewers don't operate like the Marlins do in this respect as they very rarely promote from AA as opposed to AAA.

I'm not going to start going too much back into it, but Thornburg is another reason why I think re-signing Greinke is so important. I think he can be a boarderline ace. A legit #2. Of course his upside will be questioned until he actually does it due to his size, but if he were 5 inches taller, nobody would doubt him at all. But if we're allowed to slot him, Peralta and Narveson BEHIND Greinke and Yo, our rotation could develop into a truly great one. Two aces, a 1/2 in Thornburg, Peralta as a #2/3 and Narveson as an very good 5. And hell, the way Bradley and Jungman have started, it may be when Narveson starts getting too expensive, you could have replacements for him as well. But asking him to step in and fill Greinke's shoes? A recipe for disappointment.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The idea isn't that Tyler fill Zack's shoes in the same way no one should expect Gamel to fill Fielder's shoes. I expect Tyler to be Tyler and Mat to be Mat, that's it. Whatever each player grows into is fine, they don't have be hall of fame talents to be extremely valuable.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Guess this would be the best place to place these links over starting a new tread.

I thought I'd attach these sites for advanced stat reference.

Fangraph

A personal favorite except it is not as convienant as Baseball Reference

Nashville Sound

Huntsville Stars

Brevard County Mantees

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Helena Brewers

Arizona Brewers

DSL Brewers

Minor League Central

Then here is a great reference that has just about every single stat you could ever need to breakdown a Brewer minor league hitter/pitcher.

Minor League Central--Brewers

• 3 weeks later...
The idea isn't that Tyler fill Zack's shoes in the same way no one should expect Gamel to fill Fielder's shoes. I expect Tyler to be Tyler and Mat to be Mat, that's it. Whatever each player grows into is fine, they don't have be hall of fame talents to be extremely valuable.

Yes, obviously, that was the point I was making. However it's different when you take one pitcher out of a 5 man rotation and insert another pitcher, a highly touted potential frontline pitcher into it.

With Prince leaving you were able to go out and get Gonzalez to upgrade SS, Aram at 3rd, your bench with Aoki, expect improved production from guys like Lucroy, etc..etc...

You lose Greinke and now everyone has to move up a slot. Thornburg instead of stepping into a rotation with Grienke and Yo at the front of it will step into one with Gallardo and then nothing but question marks. Which goes back to my point which is why i think Greinke is the most important FA the Brewers have had since at least 1992.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I disagree but this thread isn't the place for a discussion about how much the Brewers need Greinke, that sort of discussion belongs in the MLB or Transaction forums.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i do not know if this has been posted or not, but mlbfarm.com is a new website i found a couple days ago when i was looking around at baseballsavant.com

i like the mlbfarm.com site because it lists all of the the current box scores from each level of the team, it will also list how the top prospects are preforming for the team, and overall in the minors.

http://mlbfarm.com/index.php?team=MIL

I also really love the stats breakdown they give, my favorite is on kodi medeiros.

http://mlbfarm.com/player.php?player_id=656727&position=P

the groundball/flyball is really eye opening, i knew he was a gb pitcher from his delivery and this is single a, but dang.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

2017 Hitting Stat Depth Chart link:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/milwaukee-brewers-organization-batting.shtml

2017 Pitching Stat Depth Chart link:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/milwaukee-brewers-organization-pitching.shtml

A moderator can update the top post or make a new sticky post with those links.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
2017 Hitting Stat Depth Chart link:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/milwaukee-brewers-organization-batting.shtml

2017 Pitching Stat Depth Chart link:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/milwaukee-brewers-organization-pitching.shtml

A moderator can update the top post or make a new sticky post with those links.

Thanks!

Archived