Brewer Fanatic

4/21/08 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

While I typically agree with a lot of what you say, endaround....

J.J. has really heated up since being moved to the #2 spot. He's been seeing strikes and hit very well on the road trip, including his first HR.

I hardly would call that a glaring mistake, especially given the absence of Cameron.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In that big Yost mistake game yesterday let's see Hardy was 3-5 with 2 ribbies and Weeks, Braun, Fielder, Hart & Hall were 0-21 with 0 ribbies, 1 BB and 9 K's. Let's see if the 5 of them would have combined to get the 3 hits JJ got maybe the Brewers would have had a win. Blame the players when they play like they did yesterday!

In that big Yost mistake game yesterday let's see Hardy was 3-5 with 2 ribbies and Weeks, Braun, Fielder, Hart & Hall were 0-21 with 0 ribbies, 1 BB and 9 K's. Let's see if the 5 of them would have combined to get the 3 hits JJ got maybe the Brewers would have had a win. Blame the players when they play like they did yesterday!

Yeah considering the bum the Reds had pitching they all should have gone 4-5.

The aftermath of yesterday's yosting is that Gagne is for sure unavailable (you would think anyway) and with Wainwright out there a win will likely be a close win.

edit: forgot the blue

well, looking forward to completing my day off from work with some 'dogs on the grill and a Brewer win. Trying to decide on a beer or not, since I go back to work tomorrow again.

Wainwright has held us in check throughout his career. Here's to maybe "figuring things out" a bit tonight. Hopefully, it's the good Carlos on the mound and the bats come to life.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

"Ben Sheets is catching the ceremonial first pitches?"

A lot rides on which CEO is throwing out the first pitch. If it's someone over 60, then Ben gets a 2-hopper in the teeth, knocking him out for 2 starts. But if he's under 60, he may unbutton his vest, wind up, and make it to the plate on a fly, and Ben's left glove hand gets sore from a girly-armed 45-MPH fastball, costing him one start.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I can't believe Weeks didn't get rung up on 1-2. It's like the umpire felt sorry for him knowing how much he's been struggling. At least he made contact after that, there's not much positive to say right now.

Archived