Brewer Fanatic

4/21/08 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 10-year-old-daughter has taken to calling our former closer Turdbowl, "because he stinks".

She sat through the meltdown in the HHH Baggie-dome last season, and I guess she's been carrying that around all year. I couldn't be more proud.

I guess I really cannot see how you guys are blaming this on Ned.

You bring in a guy who hasn't pitched in over a week, while the more reliable and just as rested Riske sits in the pen. Then with 1B open and one out you dont walk Shumaker to set up the DP.

Another instance of Ned putting a guy's feelings in front of managing the right way.

So, is that going to be it for the whining from Turnbow that his 10+ ERA only gets to come in during garbage time?

The problem is, it's really hard to be effective when you never get to pitch. I'm not saying he's good, but the coaching staff isn't even giving him a chance to succeed.

Stop it...please stop it. He is a professional that lost opportunities because he did things just like tonight. terrible.

Really you cant see how using probably our worst reliever in the 9th inning of a tie game is a bad idea?

funny how we just got 3 straight days of brenneman in cincy saying since there is not a save opportunity for the home team in a tie game, you start by using your best relievers to extend the tie and work towards the worst (that's why they went Cordero / Weathers / etc)

I just looked at his game logs. Gagne has never once in his career pitched 5 straight days much less 8 or 9. He has pitched forurtimes in a row about 5 times in his career(wasn't actually counting that).

Yeah, I was looking at that too. Wierd. Guess I'm going take what she says with a grain of salt next time...

I know everyone's getting on Yost for the Hart baserunning mistake, but I'd say more than 50% out of the time the contact play works, and it was Hart's fault that he didn't stay in that rundown long enough to get Hall to second.

And Hall doesn't even the ball in the air in the first place either. I know he's not the greatest manager, but I don't think today's loss goes on him like some of his previous losses (especially some last year).

Archived