Brewer Fanatic

4/21/08 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagne's thrown in eight or nine straight games before in his career according to Trenni.

And that was before his injuries. Completely different situations.

Haha that's why you don't pitch in pressure situations you scrub.

So a week and a half long road trip and no Turnbow, but as soon as you get back to Miller park, run him out there to get booed if anything goes wrong. Nothing like managing for success!

No... kidding. *shakes head*

Not only setting the player up for failure, but not using Riske? I'm speechless... yet again from Yost.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just looked at his game logs. Gagne has never once in his career pitched 5 straight days much less 8 or 9. He has pitched forurtimes in a row about 5 times in his career(wasn't actually counting that).

So a week and a half long road trip and no Turnbow, but as soon as you get back to Miller park, run him out there to get booed if anything goes wrong. Nothing like managing for success!

exactly. that's really yost's strength--putting players in positions to succeed

So, is that going to be it for the whining from Turnbow that his 10+ ERA only gets to come in during garbage time?

The problem is, it's really hard to be effective when you never get to pitch. I'm not saying he's good, but the coaching staff isn't even giving him a chance to succeed.

Archived