Brewer Fanatic

5/8/07 Nationals (Simontacchi) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Whenever i watch him pitch, he seems to give up a big inning this year. I don't hate him, i have just come to expect it.

Baseball fans are often too quick to expect things that shouldn't be expected.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bold prediction: Brewers lose 4-1 and JJ's hit streak ends.

Since this prediction is based upon nothing at all, it really is not that bold.

If the records of the two teams, the pitchers starting tonight and the experience of the past eighteen games are any reasonable predictor of the outcome of this game, this prediction will be wrong!!!

The Nationals are bad. It'll take an extra-bad game both offensively & defensively for the Crew to lose any of these three games.

Watching last night, I just couldn't help but think back to 2002ish in Milwaukee. I feel for D.C. baseball fans.

I know Managerial jobs only come along every so often, but Manny Acta may have been better served to simply stick in Shea as Randolph's 3B coach rather than try to salvage this wreck. He's just doomed for this season, and I can't imagine him being retained past 2008 if the Nats are this bad again. And it won't be his fault. Who knows how long it may take for him to get another shot at managing? Plus, now his spot with the NYM is gone, so he has to start all over once his tenure in Wash. is up.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

"The Nats do not have Cordero for the rest of the series"

I think we all know what's coming here - Winston Abreu will dominate the Crew's bats tonight and/or tomorrow out of the 'pen.

Hopefully by that point we'll have a sizeable lead.

Wow, I came in here to add a bold prediction of my own, never thought there would be other ones.

Rickie Weeks will hit for the cycle tonight against, as my friend likes to call him, "something called Simontacchi". There it is.

Community Moderator

didn't Simontacchi play for Italy in the World Baseball Cup? Or was that the Olympics I'm thinking of?

Regardless, he's the kind of guy that, historically, the Brewers would struggle against (i.e. a guy just activated/purchased from the minors for this game after not having pitched in the majors for a while). Hopefully, we have ended that rut already this season (Pirates LH pitchers, anyone?) and we can hold our own against him.

NOTE: Nothing against the Pirate pitchers--I realize Gorzanally and Duke are probably the real deal, but soft-tossers like Paul Maholm have owned us in the past.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Community Moderator

Nats will be without Cordero

MILWAUKEE -- The Nationals placed closer Chad Cordero on the bereavement list on Tuesday and selected the contract of reliever Winston Abreu from Triple-A Columbus.

Cordero is going back to Southern California to be with his grandmother, Josie Cordero, who is suffering from brain cancer.

Chad told MLB.com recently that his grandmother's illness was affecting him on the mound. On Sunday, he had a tough time throwing strikes and gave up a game-tying run in the ninth inning against the Cubs.

The right-hander considers Josie Cordero to be a second mother. Chad said Josie always went to his baseball games while he was growing up in Southern California. The last time Chad saw Josie was last week, when the Nationals were playing the Padres in San Diego.

"I have my grandmother on my mind. I'm real close to her, so it's tough," Chad said on Monday. "We all grew up in the same city. I lived a mile away from her."

The nats are without their Cordero. The crew is probably without our Cordero as well, with him dealing in the last 3. Hopefully we won't be in a save situation late, if so I have full confidence D'Bow can do the job.

I will also be in attendance. I am currently 5-2, but 2-0 with the new jersey.

"didn't Simontacchi play for Italy in the World Baseball Cup? Or was that the Olympics I'm thinking of?"

Actually, pretty sure it was the Special Olympics. Sorry, that's terrible, the guy will probably pitch a perfect game now.

Archived