Brewer Fanatic

5/8/07 Nationals (Simontacchi) @ Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

nice win. I still felt that it was sloppy, like for a bit it seemed like we did the ol' Green Packers "play down to the level of our competition" kind of thing for about half the game. Maybe we were just toying with the Nationals, though.

Another series win. Amazing. 8-2 at worst for the home stand. I would imagine a 9-1 home stand would have to be near the top in franchise history.

Thank God for extra innings so I can check out the game on Gamecast while at school tomorrow but record the Nationals' feed and watch it when I get home (you Wisconsin-ites can have your Squeeze Play. I'll watch the whole game unfold.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For the first time in, well, as long as i can remember, the Brewers are just awesome. I can actually count the liabilities on one hand, and the assets are in abundance. Gabe Gross = Roy Howell, at best.

I predicted a 4-1 loss with the Hardy streak snapped. I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong wrong wrong! At least I got the Nats score right http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif .

I don't know how much this was discussed in this IGT, but it does look like the Bush "big inning" struck again. I noticed it a little in the 6th with those two hard hit balls and a four pitch walk, and then obviously in the 7th.

That said, it's probably not fair to call him susceptible to a "big inning." He's just a guy, who, when a little gassed, like all pitchers, loses the command a bit. It's just that he pounds the strike zone and so tends to miss right over the plate. All in all, he pitched pretty well, though a better hitting team could've really gotten to him in the later innings.

Wow, 23-10. As BA said, "unreal"

"I don't know how much this was discussed in this IGT, but it does look like the Bush "big inning" struck again. I noticed it a little in the 6th with those two hard hit balls and a four pitch walk, and then obviously in the 7th."

So you noticed the "Bush big inning" in the 6th, when he threw a scoreless frame? Let's not overthink this. When Bush hits 80-90 pitches, he starts running out of gas. I think Yost REALLY wanted to get him through seven last night, so he could use Wiser in the 8th and Turnbow in the 9th. However, wanting something to be does not make it so.

Wise should have been up in the pen when the inning started. Nothing like almost getting burned with an identical mistake twice in the space of a week, Ned. The bizarre misplay by Gross didn't help, of course.

Fortunately, all's well that ends well. Cordero deserves to spend the day today at the beach, or laying in bed.

Archived