Brewer Fanatic

Marty Brennaman has some issues

pitchleague

Don't know if anybody else caught this, but I just heard about it on XM radio this morning. Holden Cushner (sp?) was going through Saturday highlights in their XM preview show and he played a clip from the Brewers/Reds game from yesterday. It had Brennaman calling a pitch a "ball" and his co-hort in the booth (not sure who it was but it may have been Jeff Brantley, since he does Reds games) interjected with "strike."

Next thing you know, you hear Marty cussing out the other guy about stepping on his toes and "challenging" him and his calls. Marty was a bit muffled because he, obviously, had pushed his cough button but still came out over the air on the other guys microphone.

Did anybody else catch this? Made me kind of giggle that an announcer is that worried about his ego because maybe he got a call wrong. He could have laughed it off and made a joke of it, which I would have expected because Marty is actually pretty funny. But no, he burned a bridge instead.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I caught about a half an inning of the Reds broadcast on XM in the car today and they had a segment where Marty fielded a question from a fan. The Cincy fan asked, "How do you REALLY feel about Cubs fans?"

Marty got all pissed, saying he wasn't going to talk about that ever again.

Brennaman was a guest on the first or second Talkin' Brewers this off-season, and he issued a summary of the Cubs that was much like his comments from the last few days. Ultimately, he wasn't worried about the Cubs because they are "the Cubs" and as such, they will not win, etc.

I don't remember if I posted, or merely considered posting, almost the same exact question posed by the Cincy fan in dlk9s' post above ("I just wish Marty would tell us how he really feels about the Cubs").

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was in Indianapolis for a volleyball tourney and jumped into the car right as the game started, turned on 1260 AM and heard it all. He goes "you take over" and then drops a few f-bombs on "Cowboy".

It was pretty good, I was hoping I'd see something on here about it when I got home.

Archived