Brewer Fanatic

MIL activates Yovani Gallardo from 15-Day DL; Joe Dillon optioned to AAA Nashville

Brewer Fever

Hmm.

I personally think 12 pitchers in April is crazy... this is wacky. Granted, Dillon doesn't really have a place on the team, but he's got more of one than a second lefty reliever.

Well thats because Yost would rather hit Counsell due to platoon advantage than use the vastly superior hitter. Yes Counsell has hit well lately, but anyone really expect that to continue?

I think a lot has to do with Sheets right now, although they could send a pitcher down and bring them back up if Sheets has to be DL'd. Part of me wonders if Melvin might be working on something else. say a trade of a couple guys to make some more room. More moves will be coming soon one way or another as 14 pitchers is insane.

I simply cannot believe this.

14 pitchers.

Poor Joe Dillon. What more could the guy do?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Has to be some kind of deal in the works, I cant see Melvin putting this team short handed for more than a day. Gwynn could be coming back and ready to play this week. Team plays 8 straight games and I dont think they would want to go without some bench players for pinch hitting.

The latest from Anthony Witrado...

AW here ... just talked to Dillon and he was surprised by the move, as many are. Ned Yost said the decision was to keep some starting pitching depth because it seems likely that Ben Sheets will have to be pushed back an extra day because of the soreness in his right triceps.

With Gallardo going today, Dave Bush's start gets skipped, but Bush will be the one who fills Sheets' normal spot in the rotation. That allows Sheets to go on six days of rest, which he has been doing with all the off days this month.

Once Sheets feels better, however, Yost said Dillon would probably be back with the team, although he wouldn't promise that in case something unexpected happens.

So the answer is yes...this is Sheets related.

WEll yeah, but no question about when Stetter goes back down? I assume tomorrow with Gwynn then coming up. It still means no RH bench hitter when facing a lefty starter. And then when they really screw up Bush's pitching patter and he performs poorly he gets sent to the pen....

Archived